After Rain

WORD COUNT: 6995 words
a/n: apologizing in advance, this chapter is very long. wanted to add some original/ yuta content since he doesn't show up till the shibuya arc.
(*'-')

REFLECTIVE OF HER BATTLE IN THE PREVIOUS DAYS, RAIN TRICKLED DOWN AGAINST THE GLASS DOOR OF [NAME]'S DORM, SOOTHING HER MINOR HEADACHE

Absentmindedly, the girl drummed her fingers against her phone, the thuds from her drumming bouncing around the inside of her room. Her constant tapping seemed to dull her mind of its ramped thoughts of the last couple of days as it was the only thing she could focus on. That only worked for so long, however, as pictures of the recent events began to flood her consciousness once again.

Obviously, Itadori was her heaviest thought. The boy was so sweet and charismatic to [Name]. He was not like anyone else she'd met before, and he just... slipped away. The sudden fondness she began to grow for the upbeat boy still lurked around in her heart, even if she knew he wouldn't return.

The other lurking thought was the cryptic words Sukuna told her during their fight. How did he know so much about her family? The girl debated on contacting her the Utashiro clan and pressing these manners, but who's to say they would even humor her curiosity? The Utashiro family was notorious for being secretive and withholding information on their ancestry and techniques, it would be a lost cause.

With that in mind, [Name]'s finger still hovered over her mother's contact information on the cusp of calling her. In all her years of living not once did [Name] reach out to her mother by phone, so this spontaneous call might end in her parent obtaining a sudden onset heart attack. She ultimately decided against it for now.

This then sparked [Name] to scroll through her contacts without thought. She had quite a few due to her family's size and the addition of her jujutsu friends. For instance, there was Maki (contact name: four eyes), Panda (the panda emoji), Megumi (megumi B) ), a few others, and... Yuta.

"Yuta..." [Name] mumbled to herself in thought. The two hadn't spoken in person since his departure to Africa, much to [Name]'s dismay. Her and Megumi met him weeks before the trip and the start of the first year at Jujutsu High and [Name] grew quite a liking to the timid boy. His backstory was tragic, [Name] seemingly having a thing for people with unfortunate backgrounds, and his equally relaxed demeanor attracted the girl towards him and vice versa.

The last text sent to Yuta was weeks ago where [Name] inquired about his liking of Africa, in which he gave a full run down of his stay, to the wonderful people he was staying with to his strict training. One could conclude that the two sorcerers became very busy after that last text was shot as not one of them messaged the other back since then.

[Color] colored eyes darted between the call and text button on her screen. Though texting would be easier, [Name] did miss Yuta's soft and well-mannered voice. She seemed to have gained more courage compared to messaging her own mother as [Name] settled to call the cursed boy.