Freedom is Power

Marinette was away from the slave camp at the Nile River, never feeling so free. She needed lots of water to stay hydrated from all the hard work she was forced to do. It was only a start for her to understand these gifts the god granted her.

"I never felt so strong, confident, and brave before," She said as she scooped up some water. She drank it up and then walked up to a nearby palm tree, thinking of the cat.

"That cat, thinking he can win a girl's heart?! Royalty brats are so selfish" Marinette scoffed.

"Ooh, someone seems jealous of my charm" A voice startled her.

"Aaahhh!!!" Marinette saw it was just the cat man in the palm tree, "What the hell?!"

"Sorry to bother you, but you seem happy that you're free thanks to me and the scarab" Black Sphinx climbs down.

"I am but it still doesn't stop the pharaoh from changing his mind. My people are still under his control" Marinette said.

"He has treated them unfairly for too long," Black Sphinx said as he approached her.

"For centuries, the gods did nothing. Every life, every death, it goes by too fast for the next future generations to come and repeat the same thing" Marinette said.

"Of course. That's why I and Scarab girl were granted their powers" Black Sphinx said.

"And what, become demigods?" Marinette scoffed.

"Purrhaps. Why that sour face?" Black Sphinx noted her attitude.

"Your attire features like royalty and I don't trust royal brats that caused my people to suffer" Marinette glared.

"Hey, I'm not of royal blood!" Black Sphinx lied about not being royal.

"Then what are you? A wild cat afraid of water?" Marinette glanced at the Nile River.

"There could be crocodiles down there" Black Sphinx looked at the river.

"Scaredy cat with nine lives" Marinette snickered.

"Yeah, yeah. What's your name?" Black Sphinx then asked her.

"Marinette" Marinette said.

"Nice name. You might not have heard but I'm Black Sphinx" Black Sphinx said.

"I know your name, cat. Everyone saw you and the girl kicking ass. But that stunt there nearly could've warned the pharaoh to do something out of madness" Marinette said, knowing she was there as the scarab.

"Alright. It seems his life's work is delayed" Black Sphinx said.

"Yeah, I was forced to dig all day" Marinette replied, fanning herself.

"Aw, what kind of cruel man would treat a lovely lady to do that?" Black Sphinx nuzzled her neck but she pushed him away.

"Like I said, selfish royal brats that have no care for my people," Marinette said, taking her leave that this cat is so cocky.

"Come on, I'm not the prince!" Black Sphinx retorted.

"Then what are you really?" Marinette asked as she glanced at him.

"I'm just a former slave like you are" Black Sphinx pulled a white lie.

"What?!" Marinette exclaimed.

"Well, forced to do work for the pharaoh with barely any breaks" He added.

"Hmph, I was expecting an assassin or something. I gotta head to bed before I have no sleep for tomorrow" Marinette heads to her place to sleep.