God of Wisdom

The heroes were awakened by the lanner falcon chirping at them. Black Sphinx knew that bird and it belonged to his cousin.

"Uhhh.....give us a moment. I'll tame this bird" Black Sphinx had to make an excuse to his lady to not get suspicious. He quickly hid behind the palm tree.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

The falcon then explained about the situation of the Pharaoh's madness.

"Shit. This is worse than I thought. Tell Felix that Milady and I are coming back. We just need to take care of one thing" Black Sphinx said.

The falcon nodded and prepared to fly off, "We'll be fine so don't worry" He told the falcon before it left.

Right now, they have to call upon Thoth the god of wisdom. The only god that has the power of time and space to reveal the truth of the past.

"You ready, Kitty?" Red Scarab asked.

"Yup. Thoth, god of wisdom, come forth" Black Sphinx called.

The god of wisdom emerged in front of the heroes. It had the head of an ibis and the body of a man.

"Why have you summoned me?" He asked them.

"We seek the truth of what happened to the Pharaoh's wife and what made him go into madness to try to bring her back," Red Scarab said.

"I cannot reveal the future but the past has all the answers. The sands of the desert hold many memories of the past" Thoth uses his power for the sands to take the shape of the memories from the past.

It showed a young Adrien by his mother's side with the Pharaoh next to him. He loved his mother so much that his father forced him to move along and do not look back and when he did, he was unaware that his father used dark magic to preserve Emilie in a secret tomb instead of being mummified or her vital organs removed.

Black Sphinx was horrified by this revelation. For a few years, his father forbade him from ever going into his mother's tomb. All this time, his mother was never mummified because his father refused to have the workers do the mummification process on her. Red Scarab was equally horrified.

It showed the farther part in the past of the queen praying to Anubis to make sure she is not brought back and make sure her husband does not find the cursed book. She was aware of his madness in searching for the Book of the Dead. She tried to reason him but he refused to accept her fate.

"So the pharaoh didn't accept his wife's fate?" Red Scarab asked.

"No, he didn't. He became obsessed with finding the book at all costs" Thoth said.

"Instead of focusing on his life ahead of him?" Black Sphinx scoffed at how his father would become a madman, especially his bad behavior nearly causing more misery in the family.

"Yes. Only you can change the future" Thoth replied.

"Yet we don't know the future and you can't reveal it because it's forbidden to mortals," Red Scarab said.

"If my mother did talk to Anubis, then he probably lied to the pharaoh that her soul did not pass into the afterlife because her body is being preserved. Anubis, come forth" Black Sphinx called the lord of the dead.

"You summoned me, Black Sphinx?" Anubis appeared in smoke.

"The pharaoh used dark magic to preserve his queen's body. Her soul didn't pass the final gates into the afterlife, did she?" Black Sphinx asked.

"No, but I had to lie to the pharaoh because the queen could not rest until her husband gave up his madness. She's afraid of his madness endangering everyone, including her son" Anubis explained.