Mixed Signals (Teen Wolf) Chapter 11

I got to school the next day sleep walking. I got no sleep the night before and had no breakfast. My dad was too busy lecturing me about safety. I went to my locker and l opened it. I shoved my bag inside it and slammed it shut. I turned and saw Jackson talking to a guy in a leather jacket. Derek?

I walked over to them. "Derek? What are you doing here."

Jackson looked at me. "I'm sorry Piggy but this is none of your business. Go away."

"What did you just call her?" he said getting closer to Jackson. He looked like he was really sick. I could tell he was weak by the way he talked. Like he was in pain. I pushed him back a little.

"Come on, Derek. You look awful." I pulled him away. Jackson grabbed me and pushed me. Derek pushed Jackson against the lockers and grabbed his neck.

"Derek! Stop." I pulled him off of him. Jackson looked scared and in pain. I pulled Derek down the hall but he stopped listening to something.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Shh." He said putting his hand up. It had blood on it.

"Are you bleeding?" I asked. He ignored me listening. The bell rang and he cringed in pain. "Hey. Let's get you out of here. I know somewhere I can take you." I led him out to my car. "Stay here." I walked over to Stiles.

"I need your help." I said.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I have Derek in my car and I think he's dying. I don't know what to do." I said.

"What? What happened to him?" he asked.

"I don't know, yet. Just come to my car. I'm taking to his house." I said.

He nodded wanting to say something else but he bit his tongue.

We walked back over to my car. Derek had his eyes closed, breathing heavily.

I got in and Stiles got in the back seat. "Tell me what happened." I said.

He took a deep breathe. "Last night a hunter shot me." He pulled up his sleeve. It looked really gross but I composed myself. Stiles on the other hand didn't.

"Ew, man that's really gross." He said scrunching his nose.

"Shut up, Stiles." I said to him glaring.

"But I thought you healed fast." I said.

"It was a special bullet. I need one. Inside it is a powder that heals me. If I don't get it, I'll die." My heart stopped.

"Okay. Where's the bullet?" I asked.

"You need to get Scott to get it. It's in Allison's house. Her aunt shot me." He said breathing hard.

"Okay. Stiles go find Scott quick and tell him." I said. Stiles nodded and got out the car.

"Where do you want me to take you? Home?" I asked.

"No, I can't protect myself." He said.

"I guess I can take you to the animal clinic. My boss had a family emergency. He won't be back until the end of the week." I said.

"It'll have to do." He said cringing in pain. He looked like he was really in pain. I hurt to see him like this. He was so vulnerable.

"Is there anything I can do?" I asked.

He was about to answer when Stiles got back into the car.

"He said he'll try to find." Stiles said panting.