Mixed Signals (Teen Wolf) Chapter 3

I detached from the boys so they could go change. I went outside and sat behind Lydia and Allison.   I dug around in my bag trying to find my journal. I think i dropped in the forest last night. Scott and Stiles came out and Coach said something to Scott and he went over to the goal. Hmm this should be good, I thought.

"Whose he?" I heard Allison ask Lydia.

Lydia looked at her confused. "I don't know. Why?" she asked.

"Uh, He's in my English class." she said.

I looked at Scott and saw him starng at her as if he could hear what she was saying. Then the assiasant coach blew his whisted and he held his ears in pain. I was closer to him then he was and it wasn't that loud. What's wrong with him?

The player in front of the line threw the ball and hit Scott right in the face. I bursted out laughing and so did everyone else. Except for Allison. Scott got up and dusted himself off gettting focused. The next boy ran up to the goal and took the shot. Scott caught it in his net like a pro. Woah.  He looked at it confused and  then grinned. One after one each boys came up to make the shot and Scott caught it each time with no problem. Some people started to cheer.

"I think he's pretty good." Allison said.

Lydia nodded. "Yeah, very good."

Jackson, who was in the back cut in front of the other guys. Scott and him both looked at each other intesnsely. He ran up to the goal and shot it. Scott caught again with no problem. Stiles jumped up and cheered. So did Lydia. I saw Jackson glaring at her. 

______

After practice.

Scott and I decided to show Stiles the body. In the daylight of course.

"What happened back there you were like a super player or something." Stiles said.

"I don't know. It was like i had all the time in the world to catch the ball." he said. "And that's not the only weird thing. I'm hearing stuff i should be able to hear, smell things."

"Smell things like what?" Stiles said. I grinned.

"Like the mint gum in your pocket." he said.

Stiles dug in his pockets. "I don't have any-" he pulled it out. He looked at me then at Scott. I snatched the gum and put it in my mouth. "Thanks." I said.

He frowned. "So this all started with a bite?" he said.

"What is its like an infection. My body flooding with adrenaline and then i go into shock or something." Scott said.

"I doubt that." I said.

"You know what. i think I've heard of this." Stiles said. "Its a specific kind of infection?"

"Are you serious?" he asked.

"Yeah its called lycanthropy." he said.

"What is that bad?" Scott asked seriously scared. I snorted.

"Yeah, its the worst kind only come once a month." I said.

"Once a month?" he asked.

"Yeah on the night of the full moon." Stiles said. I howled.

Scott pushed us both.

"Your the one who heard a wolf howling?" Stiles said chuckling.

"There could be some thing seriously wrong with me." Scott said.

"I know you're a werewolf." Stiles said. I almost tripping on a branch but saved my self. Stiles chuckled. "Shut up." I said.

Scott looked at both of us annoyed. "Okay we're just kidding.'' I said. "The body should be a little bit further." i said. We kept walking but when we got to the spot it wasn't there.

"it was here." I said.

"Yeah, I remember." Scott said "The deer, me tripping and ropping my inhaler. All right here." he said.

"Maybe the killer moved it." Stiles said.

"If he did i hope he left my inhaler that was like 80 bucks." Scott said kicking the leaves.

 I looked up and saw a gorgeous in a leather jacket. It was Derek Hale. His family was killed in a fire a like ten years ago. "Uh, guys..." i said. 

Stiles and Scott both looked up at him. 

"What are you doing here?" he said walking up to us. "This is private property." he said. 

"Sorry, we didn't know.." I said.

"We were just looking for somehting but we.....forget it." Scott said. 

Derek took something out his pocket and threw it at Scott. It was his inhaler.

Derek turned around and started walking away. I ran after him. "Hey." I said.

He turned and looked at me. "What." he said. He had a mean face. Probably to hide all the pain. 

"I was wondering if you saw anything else? Something fell out of my bag. A book." I said.

He shook his head. "No." he said. "But I'll look around." he said. I nodded and backed away. "Let's go." i said to they boys.

They nodded and we walked back to the car.