Mixed Signals (Teen Wolf) Chapter 16

When I woke up we were in the locker room. My head was throbbing a little. I was on the floor. I sat up and groaned. Stiles and Scott both turned and looked at me. “You’re awake.” Stiles sighed in relief.

“Yeah, and I’m on the floor.” I said getting up slowly. I wobbled a little.

“Sorry. You are heavier than you look.” Stiles said steadying me.

I punched his arm. “Shut up.”

“Shh.” Scott said. “I think someone’s coming.” He said.

Stiles ran into one of the lockers and closed it. I opened one and climbed in. It was dead silent except for Stiles’ heavy breathing. I heard the door open and footsteps. I saw something through the slits in the locker. It didn’t look like the alpha. I heard some yell and I jumped out of the locker.

“Jesus Christ!” the man said looking at all three of us.

“Shhh, be quiet!’ Stiles said.

“Quiet my ass, what are you doing in here, trying to kill me?” he asked.

“Just listen for one second.” I said.

“No, all three of you get out of here.” He said pushing us out of the door.

“Let us explain!” Stiles said.

“Get the hell out.” He said closing the door in our face.

“Shit.” I mumbled under my breath. The pain in my head was getting worse.

“You okay? You hit your head pretty bad.” Stiles said.

“I’m fine.” I said rubbing my temples. There was a scream and we said the janitor pushed up against the door, blood was on his hands. He was banging on the door.

Scott tried opening it but it was locked. He tried pushing it.

“Come on, Scott!’ Stiles said pulling him away. We started running down the hall. I heard a growl but it wasn’t behind us. We ran for our lives down the hall and saw a door at the end of the hall.

                “There!” Scott said running. We ran at it and pushed it open but something was blocking it on the other side.

“Are you kidding me?!” I said pushing the door. We were never going to get out of here. I was so out of breath. I never played sports so this little bit of exercise was killing me. It didn’t help that was head was throbbing with pain.

Scott pulled it open enough for him to see outside. “It’s a dumpster,” He said. “To lock us in.”

Stiles pushed it “Help me.” He said pushing it.

“Stop, Stiles.” Scott said. “We can find another way.” He pulled him away from the door.

“Guys, I’m not dying in a school.” I said using the wall to help me stay up. My vision was going blurry.

“Penelope, Are you alright?” Stiles said.

I nodded. “We need to get out of here.” I said.

“Uh, guys.” Scott said pointing to the window. I looked outside. The alpha was on the roof of other side of the building and looking dead at us. He started running towards where we were.

We started running back towards the door. He crashed through the window and was running behind us. We went into the stair exit and ran down the stairs to the next floor. I didn’t hear him behind us anymore. We ran into the old locker and hid behind some lockers. I tried to catch my breath.