Mixed Signals (Teen Wolf) Chapter 14

My dad was stuck at the station doing some paperwork so Gran and I were sitting watching Wheel of Fortune, her favorite show. She had fallen asleep after the first commercial break. I wasn't paying attention to the show. My phone made an alert telling me someone texted me. It was Scott telling me to meet him at Derek's house and that it was urgent. I looked over at Gran, who was fast asleep, and grabbed my car keys out of my Dad's room. He thought hiding them in his underwear drawer would stop me. Hilarious. 

I tiptoed out of the house being quiet so I wouldn't wake Gran. I raced out to my car and started on my way to Derek's house. I called Scott on my way but he didn't pick up. I tried Stiles and Derek but they didn't answer either. That was weird.

On an empty road towards his house I saw a truck in the middle of the road with the headlights on. As I got closer I realized it was Stiles' truck. I got out and ran over to the truck. Both doors were open and the keys were still in the ignition. I saw Stiles' phone on the floor. I looked around and saw no traces of anyone. I walked back to my car and drove the rest of the way to Derek's house. When I got there his car wasn't outside. I got out and ran up the steps to the front door. I tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge. I tried pushing it with my shoulder but it still wouldn't open. What the hell? I looked around and saw nobody anywhere. I called for Derek and Scott but got no answer. I pulled my phone out and tried calling again. Nothing.

I hopped down the stairs and headed to my car and I got in and realized I left my keys in the ignition. Now they were gone. I closed my eyes and started to panic. What was going on here? Where was everybody? I heard a tap at the window and saw glowing red eyes outside my window. I scream and locked the door. Like that was going to help. I heard him growl. I screamed and climbed to the other side of the car. I opened the other door and ran into the woods. 

 It was dark and all I could see behind me were glowing red eyes. He was chasing after me. I screamed for help. I kept running but I could feel him getting closer. I tripped over something and looked down to see Stiles' dead body. I screamed and started to cry. I was sobbing. He looked so cold and pale. His throat was slashed. I turned around and didn't see the alpha. Where did he go? I got up and looked around seeing nothing. I heard heavy breathing behind me and I saw him. He was in human form but I didn't recognize him. He grinned and lifted his hand, his claws showing. He was going to kill me. He his hand moved in slow motion and it came towards my neck. This was it. 

-

I woke up screaming and sweating. I heard my dad race into my room. I looked at him he had his gun in his hand. "Sweet Pea what’s wrong?" he asked.

I wiped my eyes and looked at him. "It was just a bad dream." I said. "I'm okay." I said.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Go back to sleep." I said.

He stared at me for a moment then walked over to me. He gave me a kiss on the forehead. He turned and left. I looked over at the clock. It was 4:30. Still another two hours until I had to get up for school. I got out of bed and put on some sweats. I took my iPod and went out for a walk. 

I walked through the woods to go watch to the sunrise. I sat close to the edge of the cliff and watched the sky. I heard someone behind me. They sat next to me. I turned my head a saw Stiles. I smiled and put my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around me. 

"We haven't been here in forever." He said.

I looked up at him. "I know. I almost forgot it was here." I said.

The sun started to come up and the sky light up with yellow, orange and pink.

I smiled remembering all the time Stiles, Scott and I used to come out here and watch it. Scott's dad had showed us this place but when Scott's parents got divorced we stopped. He didn't want to see it anymore.

I looked up at Stiles remembering how pale and bloody he looked in my dream. I kissed his cheek. "I'm glad you're here." I said. "It's better watching with someone else." 

I looked down at me and smiled. "I'm glad I'm here, too."

-

I didn’t really care what I looked like at school. I was tired and didn’t feel like looking nice. I wouldn’t impress anyone anyways.

Jackson was avoiding me. Every time I saw him in the halls he would walk the other way. I didn’t want to talk to him. I guess the feeling was mutual.

Stiles and Scott were working on werewolf stuff. They told me I could watch so I did. I had nothing better to do. I sat on top of Stiles’ Jeep. Stiles duct-taped Scott’s arms behind his back and proceeded to shoot lacrosse balls at Scott’s groin. I watched as Scott got angrier and angrier. I smiled as Scott yelled mean things at Stiles out of anger. I heard someone chuckle behind me and saw Jackson hiding behind the bleachers. He saw me looking at him and stopped smiling and looked away. My smiled faded when Scott fell to the ground. He started to growl. If he turned in front of Jackson, everything would go wrong. I looked over at Jackson and saw his confused face. Scott broke the duct tape and was breathing really hard. His breathing slowed and he got up. “I’m okay.” He said.

I clapped and cheered. “Good job.” I said walking over to him.

He rolled his eyes. “Whatever.”

“Maybe next time I can do it.” I said. “I have pretty good aim.”

“She does.” Stiles said grinning.

“There is no next time.” He said glaring at us. Stiles and I both chuckled.

-

Please Vote and comment please!