Chapter 5: September 1976 - August 1977

September 1976

The start of a new school year.

 A brand new term.

A brand new start 

No more pain 

No more sadness 

More chances to win house points. 

All happiness 

A brand new Defence against the dark arts Professor. 

However, this was not the case. This year wouldn't be filled with happiness. This year wouldn't be a new start. This year would be full of pain. 

On the 1st September 1976, students from all around got up, got ready and set off to platform 9¾. Marlene and patton were the only McKinnons left at Hogwarts so they were alone when they arrived at the platform. Lily and Emile were dropped off on the muggle platfby their older sister, Petunia. Which started a argument between Petunia and Lily only for them to find out Petunia is leaving abd getting married while they are away. Janus and Regulus Black arrived with their mother abd were given a stern talking to, seeing as Regulus is now the heir. Sirius arrived with James, Remus and Roman potter. Their parents didn't have time to drop them off at the platform this year. Barty and Remy arrived with Evan (Remy left to find Emile though). Remus L and Logan arrived just the two of them. As Remus went to look for his friends, Logan got on the train.  Severus had dragged V out of the dungeon this morning and forced him to wear Severus's out clothes as Tobias threw away all of V's clothes before dragging him to the train station. 

On the train, the compartments were as follows: 
●Remus L, James, Sirius and Peter 
● Lily, Dorcas, Marlene and Mary
● Evan, Regulus, Barty and Pandora 
● Remy, Emile, Patton and Roman 
● Remus P, Janus, Logan and V. 

The marauders compartment talked about how Sirius ran away from home, how Remus P and Sirius broke up (because 1. They are basically siblings now and 2. Sirius realised he was never sexuality attracted to him or anyone, he just had Sex because its something to do) and about the war.  

The vixens compartment were on about what they had picked for NEWT classes, how well they did on their OWLs, how Alice was now an aura, what Petunia was doing, about everyones love life and about the war. 

The sliver gang's compartment talked all about the war and what they were all forced to do.  

Roman, Patton, Remy and Emile were talking about anything abd everything. 

In the finale compartment, V came out in front of his closest friends. “Umm, I'm trans male. Please use he/him for me and my name is Virgil” Virgil was shocked to finds out they were all very accepting but that shock disappeared when:

Remus:  “Who cares about gender. My pronouns are its/he/they” 

Janus: “Virgil, I can change every part of body to be something else. Being a different gender doesn't phase me” 

Logan: “well Virgil, we would be hypocrites if we hated you for gender and sexuality as I believe we are all part of the LGBTQ+ community. I did some research too over the summer and I am Homo-aroace” 

After the coming out conversation, they talked about what happened with Sirius Black, they talked about the war and they talked about some other stuff. 

That night (after the welcoming feast) Virgil got moved to Patton's and Emile's dorm room, so they became roommates.  

Once again everyone quickly settled back into classes. Virgil and Remus L settled back into spending the full moon in the shrinking shake with Padfoot the dog, wormtail the rat and Prongs the deer. Everything was going amazing. Marlene and Dorcas start publicly going out. Everyone at Hogwarts knew about it but not many people had comments on it. Sure it was a mixed race same sex couple in 1976 England but they were both purebloods so no one cared.  Remy and Emile were still going strong. They had a date night at least once a month but didn't restrict the coupley stuff for those nights. So they were going strong. Roman had surprisingly stopped bullying Virgil. He was actually being kind and friendly. Logan and Virgil have wonderful news actually. After months of research, Logan came across something called Queer Platonic Relationships and after explaining it to Virgil. “A queerplatonic relationship is a close non-sexual, non-romantic relationship that is beyond what most would consider to be a friendship.” Logan and Virgil became a couple in December 1976.