Chapter 9: September 1980 - August 1981

In Wiltshire, England, there was a beautiful ancient mansion with long gorgeous gardens and giant elegant fountains of silver. The mansion had tall pointy towers and tons and tons of glittering windows. The bricks of the mansion were a beautiful shade of gold. The gardens were filled with beautiful peacocks of different colours and gorgeous flowers. On the side of the path way to the front door, there were two huge hedges covered in beautiful red roses. The mansion was beautiful. Even late at night like it is right now. 

At the giant gates, a young man appeared at the grate. The man was round with chubby cheeks. He had dirty blond hair and brown eyes.  He was wearing black wizarding robes with the hood on his head. He walked through the garden and slowly towards the building. As he walks, everything seems to get darker  and he starts fidgeting with his sleeves. The young man quietly knocked on the door, it didn't seem loud enough but a couple of seconds later, the huge doors opened with a creek. The young man looked down to see a small elf-like creature wearing a pillow case. "I-i'm here to see the d-dark lord" the young man mutters. The house elf nodded "master dark lord is in the death eater meeting hall. Please follow dinky sir". The young man nodded and walked after the house elf, Dinky. 

Dinky led the young man all the way through the mansion to the dark right wing. She stopped outside a black door with the letters LV on it. "This is the hall, Sir," Dinky said before disappearing. The young man takes a deep breath before knocking. A crooked, deep creepy voice could be heard from the door "Come in". The young man takes a deep breath before walking inside.  

As soon as the young man walked in, he was facing a long dark table. At either side were men, women and others wearing black clothes covered by a long black cape and at the very end was a man sitting on a throne-like chair. The thrown man was sat next to an Indian with a moustache and black hair with a silver streak and a guy a yellow snake eye and snake scales all down his right side. The man had dark black hair and red eyes. He had really pale skin, almost white and a really small nose. His skin was a contrast to the dark black suit that he was wearing. Everyone was staring at the young man. "Ahh wormtail, come here" the man spoke, talking to the young man. Wormtail quickly and nervously walks across to the man. 

“Wormtail has agreed to be another Order Spy for us like my Second Hand, Janus, is. Wormtail is higher up in the order chain then Janus and can tell us more about the prophecy Severus, my 4th, told us about. He is the potter's friend of course. Now Wormtail, your arm”

Wormtail shakingly pulls down his left sleeve and holds his arm out for the man. The man places his wand on Wormtail's arm and chants. Pain fills Wormtail's body as he screams. Soon the pain was replaced by the dark mark on his arm. “Pathetic” the man said “now go sit with Bellatrix”. Wormtail quickly hurried off to sit with a woman in a lace black dress who had crazy black hair. 

This was only the beginning of the year. 

 In October 1980, Virgil had to do something he never wanted to do.  After many, many attacks (from death eaters, werewolves, ministry people,people who hate werewolves and people wanted revenge) on the apartment Virgil owned with Logan and still lived in, despite Logan being dead, Virgil had to join the order of the Phoenix for protection and for somewhere to live. Seeing as someone had destroyed the apartment, everything he owned and all of Logan's things, leaving Virgil with his wand and the clothes he was wearing. But Virgil joining the order meant something. Virgil is an ex death eater. Meaning he knew who were death eaters. Which means Dumbledore could use him to find out the spy in the order. And so he did. 

He revealed Janus Black was a death eater and a spy. 

Janus barely escaped with his memories and his life. But he did. He did escape. But being revealed cost him to lose his rank in the death eater ranks. He was moved all the way down to near Wormtail's level. He needed to prove himself more. 

In November 1980, Lily, James and Harry Potter went into hiding after a death eater had a meeting with Dumbledore and made a deal with him. A deal for Lily's protection if he became a death eater spy. So that's what happened but not everyone was happy about it.  

"Why the fuck is he here?" 

Oh did I forget to mention that the death eater is Severus Snape? Oh silly me.

"Severus is being a death eater spy for us"

"He's the one who made me be a death eater. HE THREATENED LOGAN'S, ROMAN'S PATTON'S, EMILIE'S AND REMY'S LIFE"

Severusquickly muttered to himself "well Patton's the only one still here" but that only made Virgil more angry. Patton and Remus had to hold him back from killing Severus.

"Oh you mother fucker..i will kill you, Severus"

"No you won't, my son. Because you need the order for protection"

"Don't call me your son. I'm no one's fucking son. Because guess what? My abusive so-called father was killed by my so-called brother here. And my father killed my mother.” 

The fight went on for ages. But in the end, Virgil was forced to deal with it. 

There was no Christmas party this year. The war was so much worse. No one was in the mood to celebrate Christmas. Everyone was losing hope. They believed that the war was going to be lost to Voldemort. Lily and James were in hiding. Sirius and Remus were always arguing and fighting over not trusting each other. Why did they ever become roommates? Virgil couldn't leave the order HQ unless he was being sent on a mission for his own protection. He wasn't even allowed to visit Hope who had been put in hospice. Patton had lost most of his friendgroup. He only had Virgil and his family left. No way to celebrate. Alice and frank were stuck living with Frank's grouchy mother in law. Dorcas was on a mission on Christmas. Mary …. Well Mary was the only one who wanted to celebrate. It didn't help that the Christmas season was soon followed by sadness. 

Hope Lupin née Howell was pronounced dead on the 30th January 1981 at 3:33pm. Remus was heartbroken. He started smoking, drinking and going on dangerous missions more. Virgil locked himself away for a couple of weeks. Remus was put in charge of the funeral because his dad couldn't cope, Logan was dead and Virgil couldn't leave but Remus was still grieving the death of his brother and now his mother. The funeral was at the beginning of February. The funeral was a lovely ceremony. They buried her in her home town of Wales so she was back in her routes. All together it was perfect. But Virgil wasn't allowed to go for his own protection so that made Virgil angry. 

Despite all this sadness and grieving, a magical thing happened in February. On the 13th February 1981, Pandora gave birth to a tiny girl after being in labour for a full week. The baby was small but she was born 2 weeks before her due date. Anyway Pandora named the girl Luna Lovegood. A beautiful name. Remus had shockingly been named Luna's godfather. Remus didn't understand why. Barty and Evan got named godfathers.  

In July and August 1981, two terrible things happened. 

Mary was the one to find the first terrible thing. She only wanted to visit her friend. She didn't want to see all this. Mary arrived to the McKinnon house to find a dark mark above the house and the door wide open. Mary gasped a breath amd ran inside but she saw took away her breath. There in front of her were all of the McKinnon family dead. Marlene McKinnon and Patton McKinnon are dead. No one was left alive. Mary called the murders in but after seeing the dead body of her friend, she couldn't take it anymore. She ran away from the war. She ran away from the wizarding world. She ran away from the wizarding world as a whole. No one knew where she was. 

“Date: 30th August 1981
Written by: Rita Skeeter 
DORCAS MEADOWS WAS KILLED BY HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED. 

Dorcas Meadows (age 21) was found dead this morning with a note written in blood. “This should be a lesson don't fight me - Lord Voldemort”.  No one is quite sure why he killed her personally. Some believe that she was trying to get revenge on the death of her friend. Some believe she has killed too many of The Dark Lord's death eaters. Some believe she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But no one knows for sure”