chapter one

It wasn't entirely unusual. For the presidential family's birthdays were always a big deal, the Capitol always celebrated, Cassia was told the districts did too. However, she didn't believe this. The parades felt too much. Today was her sixteenth birthday and she was expected to prance around the Capitol and smile at people who knew more about her than she thought was normal.

"Three choices Miss Snow" Priscilla expressed, laying out the three dresses she could choose from, "and may I say again Happy Birthday" she smiled slightly,

"Thank you" she replied, looking at her reflection, blonde hair was falling to her waist and her bright blue eyes shone back at her. Her satin robe wrapped around her body, protecting her privacy.

"It is of my utmost pleasure to be here, there is no need to thank me" The green haired woman responded, her huge smile growing. "Now, if you were to ask me. I'd go with the gold dress! It's utterly gorgeous!" The golden dress was encrusted with golden flowers and gems, one half of the skirt flowed majestically whilst the other side was transparent and lined with flowers again. The sleeves were off the shoulder and short. It was beautiful. 

"Yes, I agree" she responded, smiling ever so slightly once again. Priscilla picked up the other two dresses and turned to face her again.

"Right, I'll leave you to ready yourself, just press the call button when your dressed and the hair and makeup team will be here" she nodded, Priscilla smiled once again before leaving the room and closing the double doors behind her.

The teenager flopped onto the bed as she was granted the privilege of being alone. Being alone was the one peace she had, the one time she didn't have to pretend to be perfect. Even when she was out with her friends some parts of her still had to keep up the act. A sigh escaped her lips as she pushed herself up, she had to get ready.

The dress looked beautiful, she couldn't deny. And she did like how she looked whilst wearing it, she knew she had to call for her team to finish her transformation for the day. A deep breath escaped her body, her peace leaving, and she pressed the call button.

"Oh Miss Snow you already look stunning!!" Lotus smiled broadly, walking into the room followed by several other people. Ophelia, Luella, Julius, Utopia, Harper, Ethale and Constantine. They all began circling her, like lions to prey. Hurtling compliments at her, a smile was fixed on her face as they ran brushes over her cheeks and through her hair. As they applied all sorts of makeup and products.

"Oh my don't you look gorgeous" Utopia exclaimed, her hands on the teens shoulders. Cassia looked in the mirror to see the perfect Capitol girl staring back at her. The girl who lived in the Presidential Manor with her grandfather. The girl who supported the Capitol and her grandfather. The girl who's worked through the loss of her mother and loves her little brother. Some of it was true. She lived in the Presidential Mansion with her grandfather, she loved her little brother. And her mother was dead. Her mother had died whilst giving birth to her younger brother, or so the story went. She didn't know how much she believed it, especially with all the Capitol's medical advancements. Her father was one of the high ranking members of her grandfathers cabinet, he'd served as a gamemaker for a while but was now Head of Operations for the Hunger Games. Meaning, he did all the logistics whilst the Head Gamemaker told him what they wanted.

"Oh my stars! You look wondrous!" Priscilla almost shrieked with joy as she re entered the room, Priscilla never left her alone for long. Although, that was her job. As her so called assistant, Cassia thought Priscilla's job was more like a babysitter at times.

"Cass! Oh you look pretty!!" Credence shouted as he ran in, for the first time a smile of pure joy shone on her face. The blonde turned to her nine year old brother,