Jollie

Chapter 11

Jollie

Things have been quiet since Molly and Libby tried to set up Darryl and June on a date. Since they had nothing to do today, the two girlfriends decided to spend the day together by taking a walk through Brighton, holding each others hand. They hadn't gotten far before they heard someone call out for them. It was at that moment when Ollie approached them, panting from exhaustion.

"Ollie? Are you okay?" Molly asked, noticing how exhausted her friend is.

"I'm so glad I found you two! Listen, I was just attacked by Jinx last night." Ollie panted.

"What?!" Libby gasped in shock. "That's awful! Jinx didn't hurt you, did she?"

Ollie shook his head. "Don't worry, I'm fine! I barely managed to escape, but I was able to do some research on the Ghost World. I think I might have found a way to stop Jinx, but we are going to need the Chairman's cloak for it to work."

Both, Molly and Libby shared a couple of confused glances with each other. Neither of them knew what kind of research gave Ollie that idea.

"So, what is your plan to stop Jinx, anyway?" Molly asked.

"Look, there's no time to explain! Just meet me at my house and I'll explain everything! Also, don't forget to bring the cloak!" Ollie replied.

"But why do we need the cloak?" Libby asked.

"I said, there's no time to explain!" Ollie suddenly yelled in anger.

Shocked by the outburst, Molly glared at Ollie. "Hey, I know you want to stop Jinx, but that's no reason to yell at us like that!"

Once he realized what he said, Ollie took a moment to calm down. He took a deep breath before he apologized.

"S-Sorry. I shouldn't have yelled. Please, just bring the cloak."

With that, Ollie turned and walked away, leaving the two girlfriends confused with what happened. It wasn't like Ollie to get angry and yell at them.

"Hey, Molly? Did Ollie seem a little strange just now?" Libby asked.

Molly nodded. "He did. I think he was just a little stressed out from his encounter with Jinx. Don't worry! I'm sure that everything would go back to normal once we stop Jinx!"

Despite how optimistic Molly was trying to be, something didn't seem right to Libby. She knew that Ollie would never snap at her like that. She didn't have too much time to think about it as she followed Molly to her house.

It wasn't long before Molly and Libby retrieved the cloak from Molly's house. The two girlfriends then made their way to Ollie's house before knocking on the door. At that moment, the door opened as Ollie greeted them.

"Oh, good! You're here! Did you bring the cloak?" Ollie asked.

"Uh, sure." Molly replied as she showed Ollie the cloak. "So, how is this going to stop Jinx?"

"I can't really say." Ollie avoided eye contact. "Jinx could be spying on us right now. Quick, follow me inside."

At the moment, Ollie led Molly and Libby inside the house. As she followed her friend, Libby gazed at Ollie in suspicion. Ollie has been acting weird all day. Something strange was going on, and she was going to find out what.

It wasn't long before Ollie led Molly and Libby down to the lab. He closed the door before turning towards the two friends.

"Good! Now, no one should bother us! Molly, hand me the cloak so I can stop Jinx!" Ollie held out his hand.