Day Off

Chapter 4

Day Off

This school year has been a great start for Molly and her friends so far. Throughout the last couple of weeks, Molly still didn't get anymore information about the Frightmares from the Ghost Council, so she spent most of her time focusing on her school work. A couple of weeks had passed before they all got a day off.

To spend their day off together, Molly and her friends decided to go to the fair together. It hadn't been too long since the last time Molly and Libby had been to the fair together. It make them hope that Jinx won't hunt them down like last time.

Once they were ready, Ollie and June decided to visit the McGees. The siblings didn't want their parents to walk with them to the house since they didn't want to risk their parents finding out about Scratch. After saying goodbye to their parents, Ollie and June headed over to the McGee's house. They knocked on the door before being greeted by Molly.

"Hi! It's so good to see you two!" Molly happily greeted.

"It's good to see you too, Molly! Is Darryl here?" June asked.

Molly nodded. "Yes, he should be in his room! Come on in!"

With that, Molly let Ollie and June in the house. While June was hanging out with Darryl, Molly and Ollie decided to catch up.

"So, how have things been going at your house?" Molly asked.

"Oh, you know! Still working on convincing my parents that ghosts aren't really evil!" Ollie replied. "How are things with you and Libby?"

"They are going great! Libby and I are still using our adorable couple nicknames for each other! Libby is just so perfect with coming up with names!" Molly let out a dreamy sigh.

"I'm sure she is!" Ollie chuckled before noticing something on the refrigerator.

It was a picture of Molly standing next to Libby, placing an arm around Libby's back. Molly had a happy smile on her face, while Libby had her usual shy smile. It warmed Ollie's heart to see Molly and Libby having such a wonderful friendship.

"It looks like you and Libby have been friends for a long time!" Ollie commented. "You two are so lucky! Making friends hasn't exactly been easy for me before I moved to Brighton."

Upon hearing that, Molly turned to Ollie in confusion. "What do you mean? You had friends before you met me and Libby, haven't you?"

"Not exactly." Ollie awkwardly looked away. "When you are a ghost hunter, others would be too weirded out to be your friend."

"Oh, Ollie. I'm so sorry." Molly sympathized with her friend.

"Don't worry about it! I still have you and Libby, and that's good enough for me!" Ollie replied, happy to have wonderful friends like Molly and Libby. "By the way, where is Libby, anyway?"

"She should be in my room with Scratch." Molly answered. "Let's go see if they are ready to come with us to the fair!"

At that moment, Molly and Ollie walked up the stairs before opening the door to the attic. As she made her way into her room, Molly was greeted by Libby.

"Molly! Geoff and Jeff came to visit us!" Libby exclaimed.

Surprised by this, Molly looked up to see two of her ghost friends. "Geoff! Jeff!"

"Hi, Molly! Oh, I mean, Ms. Chairwoman!" Geoff greeted Molly.

"Just Molly is fine, Geoff! It's so good to see you again!" Molly smiled before she decided to introduce Ollie to her ghost friends. "Ollie, these two ghosts are some more of my ghost friends! I would like you to meet Geoff spelled with a G, and his afterlife partner, Jeff spelled with a J!"