CH6 - The Hunt For Henry

Dave POV

Before I knew it, it was morning. I slowly got up, and went over to check if Jack's still asleep. And indeed, he was out clean. I went to grab some breakfast, cuz man, I was starving.

I found some bagels in Jack's kitchen. I'll make breakfast for the both of us. So, uh, let's see if Jack has some exotic butters... yeah, of course he does. That's great. Let's see what else I can work with. Hmm. There's some pepperoni left. Alright, that could work. I also made some tea.

I finished making us breakfast and put everything on a tray. I was on the way to wake up Jack, but I heard the creaking of the wooden floor. He must've already risen.

"Dave, what the hell are you doing?" Jack rubbed his eyes, his eyes bouncing back and forth between me and breakfast. "Oh, uh, this is for you. I mean, for both of us. Breakfast!" I smiled at him, offering him the tray. "Ah, thank you.", he took the tray and put it on the coffee table. I waited for him to start eating. "Eat up, Dave. I'm not hungry." He sat down, covering his face with his hands and sighing heavily. "Ugh, I swear Dave, as soon as I find that Henry sonofabitch, I'll rip his fucking intestines out like he's a beyblade." Jack groaned. I choked on my tea.

I got lost in thought about the nightmare I had last night. What Henry said about hurting me, if I chose to take Jack's side. He also addressed Jack as my lover. And while sure, he's really pretty, clever, and I love being close to him, I can't see what led to him getting called my lover. [wink wink]

"Jack, you were right." I returned to planet Earth. "W- Okay, first of all, that's like the first time you've called me anything other than Old Sport or Sportsy. Second of all, what are you talking about, again?" Jack got confused. "About Henry. I had a nightmare last night. He threatened me." I admitted, avoiding detail. Jack sparked up, "Oh, so that's what I woke you up from at like 2?" He chuckled, to which I simply nodded.

"So what do you say? Wanna find this fucker and mess him up bad?" Jack suggested, giving me a smirk. I could feel my stomach drop. "Actually, I'd prefer to find him and diplomatically ask him what happened, and why he abandoned me..." I sided with Henry. "Fuck no! He abused you, and he killed Dee indirectly. I want him dead." Jack glared at me. He's completely lost it. Yet I can't help but want to help him. "Alright, let's find him, then." I agreed.

Jack smiled and dug into his bagel. Seems like he changed his mind about breakfast. I got lost in his eyes momentarily. I don't know what it is, but something about him makes my heart beat at a faster pace. It makes me want to hold him close and run my fingers through his hair. What the fuck am I feeling... Am I in love? "Uh, Dave, why are you staring at me like that? He asked. Shit he noticed. "Oh, I was just thinking 'bout something, but it's irrelevant." I salvaged the situation. Jack just nodded and finished his bagel. It seems like he was ravenous after all.

"So, Dave, I think it's time to go. The clock is ticking." Jack suggested. "You're right, Sportsy. Let's hurry up!" I agreed. We got ready and hopped in the car. First stop, Colorado. Here we go! Jack wanted to drive, which, you know, brings up some bad shit. But I'll be fine, right?

I WAS NOT FINE HOLY SHIT I FUCKING HATE BEING A PASSANGER IN CAR RIDES rAUUUUGHHHAAaaAAAAAHH

Jack must've noticed my distress. He pulled over to a nearby gas station. "You alright? I know you hate sitting in the passenger seat, so..." I just sat silently, embarrassed. "Want me to go grab you a coffee?" He sighed, before offering kindly. I looked deep into his eyes. I wanna hold his hand. So bad.

"Uh, Dave? Are you okay?" Jack tilted his head in confusion. I looked down at his hands, before sliding one of mine into his. Jack got startled momentarily, before his face lit up in red. "Okay then, that works too." He calmed himself down. "Maybe, like, give a heads up next time..." He covered his face with his other hand, looking away. "I love holding your hand, Sportsy." I said, my hand melting into his. It's like they were made for each other. "N-no homo, Dave." Jack whispered, completely flustered. What do you mean no homo? This isn't gay! It's just comforting...