How To Do It Like A Princess-Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I bit my lip and looked at the school uniform lying on the bed. When I had walked into my walk-in wardrobe in the morning, I hadn’t expected so much underwear. It was like I could wear a different set every day for a year or something. I didn’t know if I had somehow made it apparent that I kinda loved it or if Isaac had, but I really didn’t care. It was free underwear!

However, today I was wearing all my lucky things; the gold bra, the matching pant, the leather bracelet with the charms from Camden, the pretty necklace with a shell from my first trip to Brighton. I sighed at the thought of Brighton and its long pier and the shells and...

‘Blair! Get dressed we’re leaving-huh. Nice bra,’ Isaac had poked his head round the door and winked at me.

‘Isn’t that going to get old?’ I asked him, secretly hoping it never would. He was so flirty, it made me think he actually might have been interested in me.

‘Hell no.  But seriously, you don’t want to be late. So get that skinny little butt of yours out here in two minutes.’ And the he was gone.

I looked around my private room. I had already put stuff up on the walls, and it had its own bathroom. There was a connecting door to the bedroom, which I had to sleep in. With Isaac. And for the past two nights, I had slept like a baby. Waking up with and angel’s arm around you each morning was not a bad way to start the day. Especially since he would always get boiling in the night and rid himself of his t-shirt.

Deep breath, and I slipped on the fitted white shirt. And the stretchy little ash grey skirt. The blazer had the crest on-different because I was in Sixth Form- and was dark blue. I had asked to get patches sewn onto the elbows since at my last school we only had jumpers and I had always liked that look. I shimmied into my tights, had one last look in the mirror and through my beautiful brown leather bag, and then headed out.

‘I’m not taking the car, Isaac,’ I looked him dead in the eye.

He spluttered on his smoothie. Boy had one every day. I rolled my eyes. What I said wasn’t that shocking. Or maybe it was just the uniform, because it was the kind of thing that looked like it was just made to get the boys going. I smirked at him, pleased.

‘Fine,’ he said, recovering, indifference dripping in his tone, which I never thought was possible. ‘I’ll probably see you there. You’re not to tell anyone we’re going to get married. I’m not sure why, just yet, but don’t. Make your own friends, join your own group. Don’t talk to me too much. You’re just a family friend and we have a lot of differences, remember that,’ he said, reminding me of my story.

I was a bit hurt. No one had mentioned the ‘we have a lot of differences’ part. It was like he was just making it up to avoid me. I bit my lip again, and nodded, slipping on my lacy black shoes and going down the stairs and into the busy London street.

I crossed the street and grinned when a car stopped for me. The last few days had been crazy, with me getting everything I had complimented in even the slightest way. My parents had brought me up to be a princess. The kind that was like Cinderella, or Sleeping Beauty, or Belle, or Jasmine. And they were good, kind girls, who appreciated what they got and anything positive in their life.

So I would appreciate it when a car stopped to let me cross.

I stood at the bus stop, pulling my blazer around myself and tugging down my skirt, thinking that maybe I should’ve brought a hoodies because I basically looked ‘ready-to-mug’-even in this part of London at seven forty-five in the morning.

The bus came, I dug my Oyster card out of my bag and headed upstairs for the 10 minute ride to school. When I got there, there were a few people from The Academy too. I crossed my fingers, hoping for a ‘bus buddy’.