How To Do It Like A Princess-Chapter 12

As a product of my procrastination...:

Chapter 12-Blair

‘My cousin Rose is here. She’s a crazy bitch cos she thinks I stole her boyfriend, but really, she was the one not letting him out of her sight and turning up at his house with a bleeper,’

‘A bleeper?’ Jude asked, like he didn’t quite believe it.

‘Yeah, so that she could bleep him, then he could call her. Oh, and she wanted to know where he was. All. The. Time. But anyways, she’s crazy. So she comes to my house and tells me I can’t speak to any boys who basically will be romantically interested with me or she’ll send Isaac these...’ I was rambling, completely drained and furious at Rose, but then trailed off, and stared at my lap.

‘These what, Blair?’ he asked cautiously.

‘These slutty pictures of me dressed up like a nurse or something. I had gotten a bit drunk one night. Never again,’ I still wouldn’t look up.

‘That’s not that bad,’ He gave me a sympathetic smile, so she’s blackmailing you. That’s why you’ve been ignoring us. But surely you can do something?’

I gave him a look of exasperation while he worked out why no one could know. Realisation passed over his face and he sat up straight, making gestures with his hands, ‘Of course! Princess. I get it now,’ he leaned back again, nodding. Then frowned, ‘so why are you talking to me?’

I opened my mouth a few times, like a fish. No way could I tell him what Rose told me, ‘She...I don’t know. She said I could,’ I paused, sitting up and looking him in the eye. I reached out my hand over the table and covered his, ‘I know we haven’t known each other for that long, and I know we don’t know each other very well, but I really care about you, Jude, and I will always be here for you. No matter what you like or dislike, or who you like or dislike. You got that?’

He looked taken aback, but nodded all the same, ‘I know you a lot better than you think,’

‘Eh?’

‘I know about the wedding remember? Isaac showed me your file after your first day. I know your favourite colour and your friends and a whole lot of crazy-stalker shit too,’

‘When did Isaac get that file?’ I asked him, more interested now.

‘About a week before he met you? But he’s known his whole life,’

‘He has?’ I cried, incredulously. I wasn’t the only one who’s been brought up to be perfect for another individual then.

‘Yeah, and it made him pretty much hate you. Strong dislike, maybe,’

‘Why?’ Isaac couldn’t hate me. He could now, but not before he even knew me.

‘Because he had to marry you. He doesn’t believe in love, let alone marriage,’

It’s love. It’s not Santa Claus (woo, 500 Days of Summer!)

‘And I take it it’s not your place to tell me why,’ I said, slumping back.

‘I don’t even know. It’s weird, though. You would think if he doesn’t believe in love he’d be fine with an arranged marriage,’ he shrugged, ‘apparently he started asking questions because there wasn’t enough paparazzi following them,’

I laughed, it was so like Isaac to question good things, ‘That’s cos my dad controls a lot of what the magazines write. I guess I was their ticket to privacy,’

‘Enough about you and lover boy, Blair,’ he looked serious now, ‘what are you gonna do about your crazy cousin?’

‘There’s not much I can do till the wedding,’