How To Do It Like A Princess-Chapter 5

Chapter 5

‘Ughh,’ I threw my bag on the polished floor the moment I set foot into the house. Our house. Isaac was already inside, eating something and watching TV.

‘Blair? Is that you?’ he called out to me,

I rolled my eyes, then thought how adorable he would look when scared. I silently took off my blazers and my shoes (a habit I could never seem to get rid of-taking off my shoes when I entered a home) and went round to the living room, till I stood behind the couch. There was Isaac, in all his curly-haired beauty, even from the back. With a little war cry, I pounced on him.

‘Oh, shit! Blair! Why’d you do that?!’ he shouted, jumping up from the couch, with my arms still around him. I was right. He was cute when he was scared.

‘You really need to learn how to-Oh! Isaac, put me down!’ he had lifted me straight off the ground, somehow over the couch and was spinning me around in circles. And, even though I would never admit it to him, I was having fun.

‘Okay, then...’he dropped me, but caught me just before my feet touched the ground. Our noses were touching and I could feel his cool breath on my face. I bet he tasted like peppermint and humbugs. He blinked a few times, before hastily setting me down and lowering his head. I’m not sure what he was trying to cover up, but now all I could see were his eyes, looking up at me through his lashes.

‘Right,’ I said, taken aback a little by the fact that he seemed so ashamed, ‘I’m gonna go and get some chocolate milk. You want some?’

‘Yes, and that reminds me, my mum told me to give this to you. She says that she wants you well taken care of as they do up the other house,’ he handed me a sleek black card, ‘It’s a debit card,’

‘Yeah, I got that. Tell your mother I said thank you and do you know when they’ll be back?’ I felt like this conversation was getting more and more uncomfortable, but I still wanted to hear his voice, even in his awkwardness.

‘In a few weeks. Make sure you change before you go out, Blair,’ he gave me a cautionary look before sitting back down. I had the sudden urge to put my hand on my heart, touched that he even looked the slightest bit worried about me.

I went up to my ‘private’ room and changed into jeans. Through the door to the bedroom, you could see Isaac’s room too. And I just had to take a look.

His room was blue, a few football posters up and I was surprised that there were no bikini-clad, super-skinny models on his walls. His bed was unmade, pretty much like mine, and there was a bottle of Lynx and a hoodie on his dresser. The whole room smelt like him.

I was still in my school shirt, but I wanted so badly grab his hoodie and go out wearing it like he was mine. But it was Isaac and he was taking the marriage a little weirdly. I strode back to my room, determined to rid myself of all these strange feelings when it came to Isaac. Stripping off my school shirt and chucking it on my bed-no matter how many princess lessons I had, I could never stop that-I picked out an off-shoulder grey top with random tribal patterns and black boots. I was just going to the newsagents but I could always look good. I held my chin up high and left the house without a goodbye.

Rule 7-Act cool once the Prince puts you down and acts like he didn’t want you in his arms. It’s not like you liked it or anything.

A few days had passed since the sneaking-up-behind-him-to-see-if-he-looks-hot incident and we had been avoiding each other. I had got back and placed his chocolate milk wordlessly on his dresser, then spent the rest of the night texting Jude about various bands.