Chapter 2: They're Rivals!

"Good morning Dr. Shruti" Reeta greets me with the biggest smile as I walk pass the front desk.

"Good morning Reeta." I greet her back with a smile that's as big as hers, handing her, her favorite double shot espresso.

"Thank you. Much needed." She takes the cup from me, with grateful eyes.

"You're welcome. Anyways, pass me the appointment list for today." I say having the last sip of my black coffee.

"I'll bring that to your cabin but there's something more urgent." She says, giving me a sympathetic look.

"Dr. Nishan wants to see you. He told me to send you in his cabin as soon as you're here." She adds, taking a sip of her bitter coffee.

"Am I in trouble?" I immediately ask her, trying my best to think of the stupid things I did but I can't think of any.

"Good luck!" She blinks at me.

I throw the cup in the dustbin and walk towards Dr. Nishan's cabin. I am still trying to figure out what I must have done. I knock the door for two times and he tells me to get in. I go inside his cabin; he is busy typing something on his phone.

"Good morning Dr. Nishan. You wanted to see me?" I say in a sentence.

"Good morning Dr. Shruti. Yes, I wanted to see you." He replies, his eyes still on his phone. Are all bosses same?

"I'm so disappointed on you." He finally looks at me, making my heart beat so fast.

"What happened?" I ask. All I can think of is my patients having trouble because of me.

"I was expecting you'd call me this morning." He speaks. He is still so serious.

"Sorry?" I'm confused. Why'd I call him?

"Yesterday, I set this very beautiful alarm on your phone, hoping you'd wake me up today, to go to Swayambhu with you." He laughs, keeping his phone down on the desk and expressing me to sit on the chair.

"Wait a minute, it was you?" I can't believe you did that." I remember the weird alarm that woke me up today.

"How did you get access to my phone?" I ask him and sit down.

"Do you remember making me take a picture of you with the newly born baby and his mom, when they were about to get discharged yesterday?" He asks, making me go down by memory lane.

"Yes, and then?" I remember giving him my phone to take a picture.

"Then I clicked the picture and you got busy with them. Then your dad texted you to set an alarm for the next day to go to Swayambhu with them. That's it, I set the alarm for you. And I hoped you'd wake me up too, listening to that sound." He explains.

"I thought Reeta did that. You could have just told me or you could have just come there by ...." I say but a call interrupts.

"Excuse me Dr. Shruti." He says, picking up the call.

I nod and get out of his cabin, the called looked important.

"Reeta, bring me the appointment list." I tell Reeta and go inside my cabin.

I freshen up and check the mails until Reeta arrives.

"Did he scold you so much?" Reeta asks, passing me the appointment list.

"He did." I lie, trying not to smile.

"But you are in a good mood." She suspiciously raises her eye brows.

"I'm always like this." I finally smile, going through the list.

"Dr. Nishan KC, the best cardio surgeon of Nepal, who has this awesome personality, is a different person around you." She keeps on saying, with a wide smile. Reeta and her mind filled with Korean dramas.