Chapter 18: Compensation!

After an hour, Sam, Razz, Kabir, Samar and other guys come back to us. Rachana told me about her and Kabir's arranged marriage and I listened to it calmly. Kabir was a very different person with her. I must say, he matured with time.

One of the things that got stuck on my mind that Rachana said was "When the right person comes to your life, you start smiling a little bit more." Am I smiling more with Dr. Nishan?

"We're all here, we should leave now." The driver says.

"What's the plan now?" Rachana asks.

"We'll have breakfast in our hotel and will leave for another destination." Kabir says.

This time, Samar and Rachana swaps their seat. Now, Rachana is sitting beside me and Samar is sitting in the front with Kabir. In the middle of the drive, Rachana breaks the silence.

"So, how was the sunrise?" She asks.

"Beautiful!" Kabir says looking back at her, showing her the time lapse he shot.

"Isn't it beautiful Shruti?" She turns to me.

"Ah yes!" I say, I was not even looking at the video.

"However, I don't regret missing it. It isn't as beautiful as the conversation we had." Rachana giggles like a little girl. She's innocent and cute but I don't know what she meant. Kabir looks at me, his eyes full of questions.

The rest of the drive is silent once again.

When we reach our hotel, everyone directly goes to the dining area for breakfast. But Razz and I, go to our room to charge her phone.

"I'm happy seeing you becoming friends with Rachana." Razz says out of nowhere as we reach the room.

"I'm trying Razz. She's a nice girl. Plus, she doesn't know anything about our past, about Kabir and me." I tell her, looking at her.

"She doesn't?" Razz is shocked.

"Did you know they had an arranged marriage?" I ask.

"What? Really? That playboy and arrange marriage?" Razz is laughing.

"I thought you knew." I laugh, looking at her.

"I never cared about what kind of marriage he had." She says.

"Anyways, have you been talking with Dr. Nishan?" She asks.

"We text sometimes, but haven't had a proper conversation." I say. Hearing his name makes me miss him.

"Try calling him." Razz says.

I check the time. It's 8 a.m. It must be nearly 8:15 in Nepal. Nishan must be in Swayambhu with my parents. I smile thinking of all of them in one place.

I check my messenger, Dr. Nishan has left my message on seen. Maybe he accidentally opened my text. His last seen was 2 hours ago.

"What's wrong?" Razz asks.

"He has left my message on seen. Maybe he's busy." I show her the screen.

"Try calling, if he's free he'll pick up." She says.

I nod and click on the call button.

"Hello!" I hear the voice after 3rd or 4th ring. However, it's not Dr. Nishan's voice. It's Dr. Supriya's voice. I check if I mistakenly called her but no, I called Dr. Nishan.

"Good Morning Dr. Supriya" I greet her.

Razz looks confused.

"Good Morning Dr. Shruti! How's your trip going?" She asks.