Fiasco Pt 1

Getting out of the car I walk into the church yard and I see my mother and the pastor looking at me

Getting out of the car I walk into the church yard and I see my mother and the pastor looking at me. No matter what I do I just can not like this pastor.

"Hey Mother, how are you?"
"I am good Allison come on"

I followed behind her going up some stairs, the church was a bit crowded but I didn't see the people I didn't want here so I am good.
It's youth night today so I have to expect the crowd to be big, I wanted to hide away in the back but hearing that I had to sing I just have to suck it up and do it.

"Hallelujah church we are here today to give god the praise, I want to greet you all in the name of Jesus," one of the church leaders said
You could hear various amens coming from the crowd.
"We will start this service by having the pastor say a word of payer, but tonight church the bereaved family of late Sister Miller is here to keep her family in her payers"

Oh wow, I heard about her and was praying she would have made it, her poor sons I wonder how they're doing I haven't seen them in a while even before she got sick.

The service went smoothly and then it was my turn to sing, I approached the back of the church so that I was able to come into the pulpit to sing.

"Allison" the pastor's son shouted

Ahh, I don't know why he is here he doesn't usually come to these events.
"I can't talk now see me after"

I sped up my pace until I was behind the entrance.
"And now Sister Carter will sing, put your hands together while she comes" the speaker said

I made my way through the entrance and was now on the pulpit, the crowd was a lot bigger than when I first got here.

"Amen church, I am just going go ahead by thanking God the creator of all things, the one who is allowing me to be here today because without him I wouldn't"

Holding the microphone to my lips I look into the crowd and notice something or someone but I am sure I am just imagining things, focusing on the song.

The music to "The Storm Is Over Now" starts playing...
I adjust my posture and tilt my head up so I am looking directly at the upstairs floor.

*
It's over now
It's over now
I feel like I can make it
the storm is over now

It's over now
It's over now
I feel like I can make it
the storm is over now

No more cloudy days
there all gone, gone away
i feel like i can make it
the storm is over now

*

When the song ends the crowd claps and I make my way off the pulpit to go back to my seat. The pastor comes onto the pulpit and starts preaching. It's a bit long but I am used to it.

After church ends, I make my way outside to see nobody but the pastor's son. Shit, I was hoping that I could leave before he saw me.

"Allison over here" I walked over to where he was not knowing what to expect.

"Yes Zach"

"Allison stop behave like that mi no done tell yuh a ting already b"

"Zach we aren't in a relationship for you to be making such demands and didn't I tell you to stop texting my phone"

"Listen yuh mi wife and yuh know a that we agree pan"

His father and my mother agreed that we would get married but me know mi a mi own big oman so mi ago see how that go.

"I already told you I am not comfortable with that, aren't you already married too? How much more wife yuh want Zach"

"As many as I can get and you can't come out of the contract unless you want problems"

"Zachary just please leave me alone and go to somebody else, okay" Before he could answer I walked off only to be pulled back aggressively, I flashed my hand away and he pushed back into a wall.

"Zachary don't touch me"

"Hey gyal come yah when me a talk to yuh weh yuh feel like" he said raising his voice and gaining attention from people who were leaving the church.

Embarrassment washed over my face and I held my head down and sighed.

"Listen there are so many single women in the church why not them"

"Hey eddiat gyal yuh def say a you and nobody else"

"Zachary just let me go please" I pleaded with him I didn't want to cause a scene I just wanted to go home

"If yuh bad move from mi" he said shouting into my face while gripping my hands tightly and pushing me more into the wall

"My yute the girl no say yuh muss leggo har bredda, yuh deaf cause it look like it"
I turned around to see Jeremiah I thought my eyes were playing a trick on me but it was him, wait what was he doing here?

An instant smile came on my face when he came up to Zachary.

"Oh so dah man yah have batta ears" he said chucking to him self

" My yute a mi wife mi talk to move and gwann" Zachary said after Jer's comment and pushed me into the wall causing my head to hit against it hard now it had a slightly elevating headache

"Just stop no Zachary and just let me go"

Before I could even process what was happening my hand was free and Zachary was on the floor and Jeremiah over him.