Crushing

Having a crush is one of the most joyful, yet terrible experience ever. If your secretly admiring them from a far, you get to know them. You essentially create a narrative of yourself that they would only have the blessing to see. You could craft a beautiful relationship from scratch. Or you could ignore your feelings and pretend they are not real. That works too.

     If your friends with your crush, it's a completely different path, almost too risky to go down. You see- this person already has a narrative of you engraved in their brain. You could always try to change that, but it could take a while. Maybe they like you back, maybe they don't. The worst case scenario is if you bring up your feelings,  and they don't like you back. You might lose a treasured friendship, and nothing is worse than losing a friend.

     But if they get a lover, that is one of the worst ways this situation could play out. I find that no one talks about how dehumanizing liking someone is. Desperately trying to change how you look or act to get someone to like you. Trying to get noticed. Being strategic about your outfits, your routes to class or the way you speak.

      I think that the mentality of changing yourself -physically and mentally- to get a persons to like you is outdated. We all are guilty of it. Crushing starts off fun but could end with you crying, and streaming 'Death By A Thousands Cuts' by Taylor Swift over and over. At the end of the day, you could lose yourself, changing for a person, who could leave at anytime, and take your heart with them.

    I love taylor swift sm so i had to add her into this lol. anyways, i wrote this last night, but wasn't able to type it and edit it until this morning. This is one of the longer ones and kind of expresses my experiences with having a crush. In no way, shape, or form am i saying that having a crush is bad, because it's not. this is just my experience, and yes, i am still crushing to this day.

   This is not one of my best works but i hope you enjoyed it!

-5amwasted