cruel boys

Why is it that every time a teenage girl steps into a class, a group of  'popular' boys start giggling and smirking? Questions like 'What are they whispering about?' and 'Are they talking about me?' flood our heads.

After we gather ourselves, we normally just brush it off and walk over to the desk. After placing down a binder filled with soul crushing, party ruining, time consuming, homework down on our desk, we sit and think. The boys are still laughing, but this time at a different girl who just walked into the classroom. I can clearly see my reflection in her eyes.

From a young age, we as females are taught that if a boy teases us, or if they are rude to us, they like us. This mindset is really damaging to young girls, like you and I. I can't help but wonder if our society will ever move on from 'oh he likes you' to 'oh, he's just being rude. don't waste your time.' because it if does soon enough, maybe we could protect our future daughters from the words of cruel words.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed that short story! I have to get busy typing six more poems to publish over the next few days! I know this one isn't great, but i'll publish the next short story before school when i'm on the bus tomorrow!

love you guys!

have a good day/night!

-5amwasted