Chapter 1: Trojan Condoms

"I don't understand why you want him to go, he's a dick," My brother whined as he packed the drinks into the cooler. I rolled my eyes in frustration, he had been going on about Danny coming along for over a week.

"Just because you guys are having a bitch fight doesn't mean I have to stop talking to him," I retorted back. Trent sighed dramatically, "Fine, I guess if you really don't want him to come then I can invite someone else..." I trailed off.

"Don't be a pussy Trent, if Danny does anything we can beat the shit out of him easily," Kayden chimed in as usual.

"You guys would never actually hurt Danny would you?" I said trying to hide the nervousness in my voice.

"Why does it matter to you Caraleigh, do you like him?" Kayden teased. I glared at him as he knew that I hated my full name.

"No" I said and I hid my blush as I realized how quickly I responded.

"Whatever Caraleigh, lets go on a beer run". He said smirking as he grabbed the keys.

"See ya later Kady Lady" I mocked back. He flashed me the bird before making his way outside.

This week our parents were giving my brother and I the chance to head down to our lake house and bring some friends as a summer kickoff. Trent obviously chose his best friend Kayden, they'd been friends since as long as I could remember. I chose to bring my brothers ex-friend Danny considering my best friend Leah had to stay home to attend a church retreat and learn about how to be a good christian. Unknown to my brother and his friends, Danny and I had been getting pretty close for a couple months now despite the quarrel going on between him and my brother. I'd say we've been dating but most of the time spent together was in groups of people or me watching him play his video games. The only person who knew about Danny and I was Leah but she was sworn to secrecy even though she didn't approve. Spacing back to reality I ran up to my bedroom to pack the rest of my stuff.

____________________

After a two hour ride driving down to Santa Barbra listening to crappy music and sexist comments, we finally arrived to the beach house. It was a pretty nice sized home, three bedrooms all with their own en-suites. I grabbed my duffle and began trudging to my room to unpack. Danny said he'd meet us here and by the overheard comment from Trent I knew he'd arrived.

"Look little sis, Kayden and I are going to get some groceries, don't have too much fun," Trent winked, I threw a shirt his direction as a response to his comment. I continued stuffing clothes into the dresser until I felt a body come behind me and wrap their arms around my waist. I smirked and turned my head to face Danny.

"Hey babe," Danny leaned in to give me a peck but i quickly pushed him back and placed my finger to his lips. Seconds later the front door slammed shut signaling the two idiots had left.

"If you keep coming up behind me and trying to kiss me we're going to get caught," I playfully teased. His eyebrows drew together in a questioning look.

"It's not like we're dating Cara," He said. I could feel my smile falter but I quickly recovered by leaning in for a kiss. Danny happily responded quickly turning it into something more than just a peck. His hands slid down to grab my ass and I smiled into the kiss. I grabbed his wrists pulling them back up to my waist before pressing my palms against his chest and sliding them down to his waist pulling him into a hug then pressing my lips against his collarbone.

"I'm glad you're here Danny," I pulled away from him and took his hand in mine, "and now that you're here you can help me get the barbecue down from the loft. He groaned as I laughed and lead him down the steps and out the back door. As he struggled to get the barbecue down I decided to go back upstairs and help him unpack. Cringing as I opened the suitcase, I saw that everything was thrown around messily and began to fold the clothes and placed them into the drawer neatly. I shoved the leather suitcase into the closet next to the door and paused when I heard the sound of something hitting the floor. Reaching down and blindly feeling for the object, I pulled it into the light for a better look.