therapeutic

➳༻❀ November 2023 ❀༺➳

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ real life ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗

♥︎

Jimmy jumped on stage and gave me a proper hug, "Wow! That was Ivy Lane with because i liked a boy. After the break, she'll be joining me for an interview."

After we cut, Jimmy gave me a hug and told me, "You killed it! Are you ready for the interview?"

"I think so," I smiled.

"Great. Are there any topics that you want me to stay away from? Like your relationship with Tom?" he asked suggestively.

"You can ask, but I'd prefer not to spend to much time on it if possible," I replied.

"Sounds good. Well, there's 7 minutes left of the break, so feel free to do any touch ups and one of my stage hands will get you a minute before we begin filming again."

"Perfect."

I went back to the dressing room to fix my makeup because the bright lights had made me sweat a little. Luckily, I finished just in time as a stage hand grabbed me for my interview.

I walked to the side of the stage and entered as I heard my cue, "Please welcome back Ivy Lane!"

I smiled and waved to the audience as I made my way to the chairs, making eye contact with Tom as I walk.

"May I say your song is phenomenal. What was the writing process like?"

"Thank you," I blushed. "It actually quite therapeutic in a way."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, somehow over the years I have gained a reputation of being a slut or a home wrecker for being relationships, or even having male friends really. I never really said anything so I guess it just kept building, and when I wrote this song, it all came pouring out."

"Well you did an absolutely amazing job, and I'm sorry that you've had to go through that for so long. Hopefully this song sends a message to all of the haters."

"Fingers-crossed," I laughed.

"So in a past interview, you said that you don't really keep track of charts or numbers. Is that true?"

"Yeah. I joined this industry to make music for people and I never wanted it to because a competition. I'm grateful for anything I receive, but I'm happy knowing that I am fortunate enough to do my passion for a living."

"Wow, that's so sweet. But do you mind if share some information with you?"

"Sure," I said, bracing myself.

"You probably don't know this but 'because i liked a boy' debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 100 and Global 200. It broke Spotify's record for biggest single day streams of any song in US Spotify history, and it currently has 300 million streams on Spotify." My jaw is on the floor. "You seem a little bit shocked, what's going through your mind?"

"This is amazing. This song is completely different from anything I've done in the past so I genuinely had no idea what to expect. My boyfriend spent release night calming me down."

"Boyfriend?" he asked. "Would this gentleman happen to be the man you were seen with recently."

"Yep. That would be the one," I blushed.

"How's that going?" he inquired.

"Amazing. Tom is just the sweetest, most thoughtful guy, and I'm lucky to have him."

"Well it sounds like you two are perfect for each other. That's all we have time for tonight but you can stream 'because i liked a boy' on all platforms now. Ivy Lane everyone!" We both stand and hug as the audience claps for us.