Chapter 17

pov. James Madison

        I still felt a little hurt inside but better.Tommy had the right to worry. I thought about what had happened to him.I still couldn't believe that someone would even be able to cheat on someone like Tommy.I thought about the way he cried so much when he realized he had made me feel like he didn't trust me.I wished I could go back and wrap his heart in blankets, the sound of his wails and tears.He was scared,scared of being abandoned,scared of me leaving his life forever. I sighed we watched a movie there was still an odd silents between us.

        I stretched out on the couch.Tommy looked over at me.I smiled at him.then he slowly slid onto my chest, watching my face to see if I was comfortable with this after what happened.I kept my gentle smile on.he slowly leaned onto my chest finally putting his head down then glanced at me again.I kept smiling at him,he slowly became more comfortable and burrowing his head a little into my chest.I started to smooth his hair down twirling it a little between my fingers. as we gently began to get more comfortable Tommy moved up my chest, we were face to face." hey Jemmy I'm still sorry." he whispered to me.I knew he was sorry, so having nothing to say I kissed him.

        Tommy's eyes went wide.then closed as he melted into the kiss.he  wrapped his arms around my neck.I put my hand on the back of his head.we kept kissing for about two more minutes.we stopped and gazing into each others eyes."your eyes are so beautiful." "they look like dark chocolate pools of" he paused not finishing his sentence, just looking deeper into my eyes."are you ready for tomorrow"I asked."yeah but I wish I could spend the rest of the day with just  you."murmured back "but it will be fun" I said rubbing his chest."but I love you" he giggled back drumming his fingers across my back in soothing patterns.I paused feeling the soft pressing of his fingers on my back."well the lets spend as much time as possible tonight." replied mimicking the patterns on his chest.

        He giggled and sighed of relief.I was glad he wasn't still crying.As I brushed his hair out of his eyes he smiled.We laid together on the couch just did well nothing.I felt the ball of stress begin to untie itself as I focused on his breathing trying to sync mine with his.I focused on everything around us the glow from the t.v screen,the soft feeling of the couch,the sound of the clock ticking away,but I couldn't seem to take my eyes off the one thing I loved.as the minutes ticked by I could feel sleep taking hold of me as I slipped into a dreamless sleep.