Chapter 19

pov. Thomas Jefferson

        it was the next day I woke up and looked over at my Jemmy-No my husband.after we woke up and got dressed Jemmy suggested we both where something fancy so I put on a nice suit.and made breakfast. Jemmy sneaked up behind me ,and put A blindfold on me."hey" I started. "shush it's a surprise"Jemmy said leading me to what I assume to be his car.we had been driving for a little while."Jemmy where are we going" I complained."the place for our honeymoon" he said excitement in his voice.Now I was very impatient and curious after what seemed like years of waiting the car stopped. He took of the blindfold and I couldn't believe what I saw.It was the town dance hall.I racked my memory trying to remember then it hit me.Tonight there was a dance and it was ballroom dancing.

        " I know it's not a very good spot but..."he trailed off."I love it"I said grabbing his hand.we walked in and danced for hours,we did the waltz,the tango,and so many others.Madison was not the best dancer,but I would never say that to him.after the dance we got back in his car.I had to practically had to crouch to fit in his incredibly small car."how did you even find such a small car" I muttered."it was for sale" he said looking at me with a grin.he drove to our house. we watched a movie together then went to bed. I thought about the good times,the bad times,how much I loved this man, I was happy to be spending the rest of my life with him.

Time skip: A lot of years later.                                                                                                                                            date: July 4th.                                                                                                                                                                           Monticello,Virginia

        I was sitting on the couch,it was 12:00 A.M.,I had been feeling so ill for days,weeks,months now.I was already 83 years old I had spent my whole life with James Madison,I had loved him,Fought with him,loved him still. it had been so long,it was July 4th... independence day.I shuttered feeling a my self growing weak it was only a matter of time..no I wasn't going to think about that, it wouldn't happen anyway I just had to beat this sickness.No I would beat this sickness.another shutter ran threw me.Jemmy walked over to me with a spoon."Tommy you need to take your medicine" he scolded shoving the spoon in my mouth.I tasted the bitterly sweet tasting syrup in my mouth wanting to spit it out.after swallowing I let out a loud choking cough."are you sure we should go to the firework show tonight" he said looking at me concerned."yeah I'll be fine" I tried to get up only to shutter violently and sitting back down.

        "I scheduled your appointment for this Friday" he said sitting down next to me.I groaned.I didn't want to go back to that doctors office,and get told to take a new worse tasting medicine,I just wanted to get better.It had been an hour of me sitting there and Jemmy taking care of me. I could feel the tremors shuttering through me like waves of pain.Jemmy sat down next me grabbing my face carefully, making me look into his eyes.He still had his perfect dark brown eyes. "are you okay" he said worry in his voice.I just let out a shutter.I could feel my life slowly slipping away from me.I didn't want to leave this world,I wanted to stay here with Jemmy.yet I had to leave.I looked up at him tears in his eyes."I love you"I  whispered then felt the icy grip of death take hold, and I shut my eyes for the last time.