Chapter 3 - Chess

"You want to play a chess match with Sona? And if she defeats you then you will help me. Is that what you're saying." Rias said to him seriously.

"Yes. Sona Sitri is known for her intellect and skills in chess. I had asked her for a chess match a lot of times but she had rejected them. I think this is the right moment to have that match." Caesar said to her calmly.

"So you only wanted to have a chess match with me? Nothing more?" Sona asked him a bit surprised.

"Yes. What did you think I was asking you for that match all those times?" Caesar asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, considering the condition I had put in and seeing your track record of rejecting marriage proposals I had come to the conclusion that you were pinning for me and so I ignored your request for chess matches." Sona said to him calmly as she adjusted her glasses.

"I would say something about it but after hearing it that makes sense. But the condition still stands, if you manage to defeat me in chess then I will help Rias." Caesar said to her with a serious face.

Sona glanced at her best friend as Rias looked at her worried. Sona closed her eyes and seemed to be in deep thought as he watched her.

After a few seconds she opened her eyes and looked at him seriously before she sighed.

"Alright, I'll have a match with you." Sona said to him seriously.

"Great. So, about the board and pieces, I can ask my maid to bring mine." Caesar said to her with a smile.

"Don't worry, we can use mine." Sona said as Tsubaki pulled out a standard chess board with pieces.

Tsubaki then placed the board on the table and placed the pieces on it, with white facing Sona while black was facing Caesar. Rias was sitting beside her best friend with her servant standing behind her as she looked at the board.

'Even if he is an heir I doubt he could actually beat Sona. She has fought against and defeated a lot of devils before.' Rias thought to herself as she looked at her friend.

"Are you fine with the arrangement of the pieces?" Sona asked him as she looked at him seriously.

"I'm fine with either side. Well, let's start." Caesar said with a smile on his face.

Sona nodded before she moved her first piece starting the game. He followed as the two started to play the game. The other three girls watched as Sona and Caesar played.

By the time it was nearing the games end Sona had taken roughly all of his pieces and she still had some more pieces on the board.

Seeing how the board was the other girls were relieved to see it as they fully believed that Sona is going to him. Sona also has a smile on her face as she was close to checking Caesar's King as he looked at the board.

"It looks like this is my win lord Caesar. You played well." Sona said with a smile as she made her move.

"Thanks for the compliment." Caesar said as he hovered his hand over his King piece.

But then he moved his hand away and moved the pawn that was near the last row of Sona's side. He smiled as he looked at it.

"I change the pawn into a queen and check." Caesar said to her with a smile.

Sona faltered a bit when she heard that as she looked at the board in surprise and shock. The other girls were also the same as they didn't expect something like that.

But Sona didn't give up as she tried to salvage the situation. But Caesar had already placed his pieces where they needed to be as he smiled victoriously.