13 ♫ I Hate Midterms

𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 : American Idiot by Green Day

There you are, laying on your bed. Counting down the seconds before your door gets knocked down by the man you are somehow related to. Jake went to go pick him up from the airport because you cannot face that man right now, especially when midterms are just around the corner.

He has always had better grades than you. Ever since elementary school. Despite you being more creative than him, he was always smarter than you academically. While you got A's in Art and English, he got A's in Math and Science. Two, basically, polar opposites.

You realized that you needed to be studying or else you will place almost dead last in your class again. As much as those grades don't matter to you, they matter to Jake, who scolds you for failing a test a lot.

That's when you heard a very loud voice come from outside your room.

"[NAAAAMMMEEE]! I'M HERE" A sassy man yells from outside.

You mumbled out a few curses and completely cocoon yourself in your pillows and blankets. The door is then slammed open and a tall young man stands there with Jake following suit. Jake then sighs and closes the door as he walks out. Betraying you and leaving you to deal with the parasite alone.

"[NAME]. You didn't greet me at the door. What a horrible older sister you are." The man said sarcastically. You then hear him walk over to you and poke at the blanket.

"Hellooo. Anyone home?" He teased. Your eye twitches and you peek out of your cocoon only to be met with his annoying face.

"Fuck off." You cursed. He shrugs and walks over to your table. You forgot to pack up some homework from earlier, and you regret it now.

"Wow, you suck at math. It's simple quadratics, how do you not know this?" He began, as you hear him flip through your work and old tests.

"Holy shit you suck at math. C, is the y intercept, not bx. Question A is easy as long as you look at the parabola and compare it to the y=x^2 parabola. This is simple pre-cal. How are you failing?"