05 | Similarities

| Midnight, Hannis Apartment |

It was dark, so dark that it was difficult to see anything at all. The storm of the night obscured everything, but she could clearly hear the clash of one blade after another. She was paralyzed. Blood splattered on the snow-covered ground, turning the beautiful white into a deep red. Where exactly was she right now? She felt cold, it felt like the worst winter in years, and wanted to rub her arms to warm herself up when she realized she was tied up. Why? What was going on here? No matter how hard she pulled on the rope, it wouldn't come loose and suddenly she felt her knees in her back. Her head tilted back and she caught sight of a male figure. His face was completely blurred, she couldn't make out any details, but she could tell from his posture that he was visibly tense. Shortly afterwards, her vision blackened and she found herself somewhere else.

The next scene didn't necessarily make her feel any better as she felt herself being held in a tight grip. A sword was pressed against her throat and an indistinct, deep voice sounded in her ear. She was so close, but she couldn't make out what exactly was being said, as if something was trying to prevent her from understanding it. Fear spread through her body and just as she was giving up all hope, another character appeared. The snowstorm in front of her eyes made it difficult to recognize the other person, who exactly was it? She got a completely different feeling from her and a comforting warmth began to spread from her heart through her whole body. The other figure also seemed to raise its voice. Authoritative and intimidating, but she didn't feel threatened by it. On the contrary, she felt a sense of relief. But this feeling suddenly disappeared, the cold found its way back into her body, the mysterious person's face was suddenly closer to her... she still couldn't recognize any features in it. She found it difficult to breathe and before she knew it, she noticed the tip of a sword becoming more and more noticeable in her field of vision. The blade was full of blood, her neck was tense and, without warning, an incredible pain shot through her. Her breathing stopped completely, she tried to gasp for air, but the more she tried to struggle for it, the more her lungs felt filled with her own blood. Everything turned red, suddenly she found herself in a sea of blood and a hand reached out for her. She tried to swim up with all her strength. Tears gathered in her eyes and she herself reached out to grab the other hand. . .

"Minji!" . . Hanni sat on her bed, drenched in sweat, and called out a name she didn't know, and suddenly she felt cold. The nights weren't that cool yet, but her whole body was shivering. Another one of those strange dreams? She sat down on the edge of her bed and slipped into her slippers, then got up and pulled on a cardigan, walked around her bed and disappeared into her bathroom. Hanni switched on the light and turned to the sink. She looked herself in the eye, her reflection looked finished and only now did she realize that she was crying. "What's wrong with me?" she sighed and turned on the water, collecting some of it with her hands to wash her face. When she removed her hands from her face and looked in the mirror again, her eyes widened in shock. She was suddenly wearing old-fashioned clothes and she was no longer alone. Another woman hugged her from behind and gave her a kiss on the head, which clearly pleased her reflection. Hanni was completely beside herself and suddenly flapped around like she was chasing a mosquito. But when she calmed down again, her normal self was back in the mirror. "What the . . .", she was completely confused, what was going on here? Was she going crazy? No, no, no... surely she was just getting sick. She was cold, her head hurt and she was standing in the rain today, even if only for a short time. She clearly must have caught at something.

| The next Day, Bread'n'Honey |