09 | Two of a Kind

| At Minjis House |

Just like the day before infront of the café. Why were so many tears rolling down her face? What was she so sad about? Hanni had almost wanted to kill her herself earlier for what Minji had done and now she was standing here bawling. This time she couldn't hold back, and Minji hesitantly put her hand on her cheek to wipe away the tears. To her surprise, the other didn't back away... she leaned into her touch? "Why are you doing this to me, Minji? Why do I have to watch you put yourself in danger and protect me and now you almost died because of me again?" Minji's eyes widened when she heard Hanni's statement and she flinched. What was going on here? Why was she talking like that? How did she know her name? Did Hanni remember? "I don't want this anymore, can't we just live in peace, without all this trouble?" Hanni suddenly came closer to her and put her hands around Minji's neck, her eyes still filled with tears.

Minji was petrified, she didn't know how to react. How could Hanni suddenly remember everything that had happened in the past? Had she been able to do that before? No, that was impossible. Hanni was about to get even closer to her, but it was at this point that Minji stopped her. No matter how much she wanted to and how much it broke her heart, this was not the right time. Hanni looked up at her in confusion: "...M-Minji? ...don't you love me anymore?" Of course she did, more than anything else in the world. Should she really give in to her feelings and go for it? What if it was only temporary? Hanni tried again and pulled Minji down towards her by the back of the neck. This time Minji couldn't resist, even though she should have. Their lips met and a chaos of emotions erupted in Minji. After all this time, she was allowed to enjoy those wonderful lips again. Now Minji's tears formed as she leaned more into the kiss and reached for the smaller girl's waist.

The tension between them became more heated. All the lost time flowed into the moment and mingled with the passion for each other. Without breaking the kiss, Minji lifted Hanni up and set her down on the edge of the table. Hanni wrapped her arms completely around her neck and immediately pulled Minji closer to her. Tightly entwined, Minji stood between her legs and just as she slipped her fingers under the fabric of Hanni's top, she stopped. It wasn't just her, Hanni also seemed to stop suddenly and broke off the kiss. Both their eyes opened and they stared at each other, the tension was still there, but something stopped them from continuing. "...I don't think we should act too hastily," Minji took her hands back, which were still tingling and longing for Hanni's body. Hanni nodded slightly, her face completely flushed and her thoughts clouded: "...I'm sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me." Minji turned away from her and reached for the blouse on the chair, "It's okay, you just remembered, you must have a lot of questions." Her gaze drifted over to her again and Hanni tilted her head: "Remembered? About what?" "Of me?" Apparently Minji was right after all. Her memories were only temporary and surfaced because of some reason, but Minji couldn't figure out why. Hanni stood up from the table and held her forehead as if she was getting a sudden headache: "...I... I don't know."

Minji sighed heavily, of course she wouldn't be able to remember everything at once. That would be too good to be true. She turned away from her and took a few steps ahead, "It's getting late, better get some rest." Hanni just stared at the kitchen floor for a while. Her thoughts were so fragmented and randomly thrown together, it felt like there was another person trying to tell her something. Fragments of memories that weren't hers emerged from deep inside her, or were they? It was all so confusing. She tilted her head up to Minji, who was standing outside the kitchen, waiting for Hanni to follow her. Minji didn't push her, she stood there calmly, but her gaze was anything but calm. She looked hurt, sad, but also desperate... why? "Because she loves me... loves us Hanni," a soft voice struggled in Hanni's head. Who was that? Why did she sound exactly like her? Hanni tried to shake this thought out of her head and walked slowly towards Minji to follow her into her bedroom. Her eyes wandered over the furnishings, it all seemed so out of date, but it had its own charm. "You can have the bed, just take something from the closet so you don't have to sleep in your clothes. . ." Minji spoke up again and pulled her out of her observation. Hanni nodded slightly and watched as the owner of the house made her way out of her own bedroom.