08 | Cursed to Live

| Still infront of the hospital |

An incredible pain ran through her whole body and she could no longer stand on her feet. Minji was very familiar with pain and many things didn't really seem to affect her anymore, but being literally shot was not something that happened to her every day. She could feel the bullet in her chest, she could feel it racing through her torn heart and she was happy that it couldn't penetrate her. At least she could save Hanni from harm, she didn't deserve to die again and especially not in front of Minji. Minji propped herself up on the ground with one arm and knelt in front of Hanni, the pain was slowly subsiding for her, but she probably wouldn't be able to explain why. Hanni, who had just been completely angry with the dark-haired girl, was now completely shocked and frightened. The look on her face spoke volumes, someone had just been shot in front of her and right next to a hospital! "HELP! WE NEED HE-" Hanni stopped in her exclamation as she felt her wrist being grabbed and she looked down at Minji.

Minji couldn't quite lift her head yet, she gasped for air and then spat up blood, after which she wiped her mouth with her other hand. "Don't... it's all right." She tried to stop Hanni from getting more people involved, but it wasn't exactly easy. "What!!! Are you bonkers? You've just been shot, you need a doctor now!" she tried to free herself from Minji's grip, but the grip was too strong and she just couldn't get away. "My... Car . . . will you take me there?" Minji continued to try to stand firm and to prevent her from continuing to call for help. Now common sense wouldn't necessarily call it stupid to ask for a doctor when you've been shot. Meanwhile, the cursed maiden found herself on her feet again, but was clearly still a little weak and Hanni really couldn't believe her eyes and ears. Who the hell was this woman and why could she still be on her feet after such a loss of blood and a fucking gunshot!!!?!?!?

She really took far too long to answer Minji's question, which meant that she was already making her own way to her car. Minji walked slowly and you could clearly see the pain in her face, even if she no longer felt it herself. However, she didn't let go of Hanni, consciously, because Minji was afraid that someone would come and hurt her again at any moment. She didn't know who it was or why they wanted to kill Hanni, but she realized that it must be because of her. Of course, she only brought bad luck on Hanni, as if Minji could ever do anything else. Hanni, on the other hand, was still completely out of sorts, she didn't know how to deal with it at all, but could she just leave her alone like that now? She had to at least make sure she didn't die... she'd go to jail for failing to render aid, wouldn't she? ...was she worried? Where did that feeling come from . .

When they arrived at Minji's car, Minji opened the passenger door and dropped Hanni off. Just as she was about to close the door, she was stopped when Hanni put her hand against the door: "Wait. Can you even drive like that? Where are you going anyway? We're outside a hospital!" Minji didn't answer, but simply moved her arm away from her and closed the door, taking care not to hurt Hanni in any way. Around the front of the car, it didn't take long for Minji to settle into the driver's seat and start the engine. "Stop! What about your employee? Or with Haerin? ...why don't we just go to the hospital that's RIGHT HERE!" Hanni was against them just driving away now, no wonder after the whole situation. She didn't even fasten her seatbelt, which is why Minji simply took over for her and leaned over. Suddenly Hanni was very quiet and couldn't get a word out, the closeness made her feel nervous. Minji had finished buckling Hanni in and now buckled herself in: "Can you please trust me that I know what I'm doing here?" "Honestly? Not exactly easy after what you've done today." Hanni crossed her arms in front of her chest and she looked over at her with a raised eyebrow. Minji sighed slightly and pressed her hands against the steering wheel: "Fair enough." Those were her last words and with that she began to drive out of the hospital parking lot, final destination: Minji's house.