11 | Scavenger Hunt

| At the Hospital |

When Minji and Hanni arrived at the hospital together, they ran into a very worried Danielle, who didn't hesitate for long and ran into Minji's arms. The latter was a little surprised, but she tried to stroke her back reassuringly. Hanni, on the other hand, just stood by, one of her hands unconsciously twitching and trying to reach for Minji's, but her second hand landed on it and tried to calm herself down. "What happened?" the smaller member of the group spoke up and looked over at the barista. Danielle let go of Minji and turned her attention to her: "Haerin didn't show up. She was supposed to intercept me because ... we were about to go on our first date." In the meantime, she took her smartphone out of her pocket and lifted it up so that they could both get a good look at it. "I tried to reach her and text her, but I didn't get a reply. Quite different from when we texted last night," and Danielle scrolled through a chat history that consisted of Haerin responding to something she'd written at least a dozen times before she could reply again. Hanni dug her cell phone out of her pocket and tried to make a call herself, but there was no further signal on the other line and it automatically hung up again. This only meant that Hanni was now much more worried about her best friend and her eyes automatically wandered over to Minji.

Minji didn't know exactly how to react. On the one hand, she really didn't care what would happen to this person, there was still a deep hatred for the princess slumbering inside her. On the other hand, she could clearly see how much the two in front of her were affected... and Hanni in particular didn't make it easy for her to decide against the search. It wasn't the princess, it was Haerin, a completely different person... Minji had to tell herself that several times. "Minji." Hanni took the floor and to Minji's surprise, Hanni's hand suddenly found itself on her cheek and a familiar sparkle glittered in the smaller women's eyes as their gazes met, "Please do it for me." Hesitantly, she leaned into Hanni's touch, closing her eyes for a moment and when they opened again, the sparkle in her eyes had disappeared and Hanni was visibly confused about the position of her hand. Why? Was her Hanni trying to tell her something? Minji reached for her hand and took it down again, albeit with a heavy heart. She turned to Danielle, who was perhaps watching intently to see what was going on between them, before returning the older women's gaze: "...alright. Where does she live? Maybe we can trace her steps this way"

Danielle knew she could rely on Minji. Even though she had already experienced what the relationship between her and the past Haerin was like, she just knew that deep down, Minji wasn't a bad person. How could a person as in love as she was ever do such a thing if there wasn't a valid reason for it? Of course, that's no excuse for slaughtering an entire family, but Danielle of all people knew how heartbreaking it was to see the love of her life come to an end before her eyes. She nodded to Minji and put a small smile on her lips, "I knew you would help!" Hanni still had her eyes on her hand, she knew that the past Hanni could gain access to her body, but why did she have the feeling that this time it was from herself? "You're starting to feel it too, aren't you? It also took me time back then to realize that Minji and I were connected by something bigger." She cleared her throat and put her hands in her jacket pockets, trying to understand what her past self meant by that. In passing, she returned her attention to the two women in front of her, "She doesn't live too far from her... it shouldn't take us ten minutes by car." Both Danielle and Minji nodded at her statement and, not wanting to waste any more time, the three of them moved towards the car and got in together.

| at Haerins Home |

As soon as they arrived at Haerin's apartment building, they rang the bell and hoped to get an answer. Unfortunately for them, there was no answer and two of the three women hung their heads. Minji let her gaze drift over the front of the building and tilted her head slightly, as if she was thinking about something ... which she actually was: "Which floor does she live on?" Hanni looked over at her: "Ehm... on the fourth why?" Minji raised a hand up and pointed to the various windows on the fourth floor before she started to take off her blazer. "Which one is hers?" immediately both Hanni and Danielle shot a brow up, what on earth had Minji been up to now? "...it's the third from the right? Minji what are you up to?" and before Hanni could even get an answer, Minji sprinted towards the wall. With a nimble maneuver, it was easy to swing onto the first balcony. Another well-aimed jump took her into the air and for a moment it looked like she was going to fall, but she suddenly ran along the wall like a ninja and reached another balcony on the second floor. The acrobatic spectacle continued until Minji gained access to Haerin's apartment in what felt like seconds. Hanni and Danielle couldn't stop being amazed and looked at each other, but then they heard a shrill sound from the door, indicating that Minji obviously wanted to let them in.