﹫ ☻ (Golden Honey Pan Rolls)❞

≡ type of food ╰⋯⋯⋯ ➢ Bread
≡ item price 𖤣𖤥𖠿𖤣𖤥 $30.00

..
Honey-glazed rolls with a rich buttery taste and baked to deliciousness

Yield: 2 Dozen
-------
My sister and I were discussing legacy and lineage

Yield: 2 Dozen
-------
My sister and I were discussing legacy and lineage. She defined legacy to be something that you build and pass on to later generations and it has a lasting impact whereas lineage isn't something you can really control.

We came to a middle ground and ended the discussion with this: Unless you are Jesus Christ, legacies end with you, lineages continue.

Keep the two definitions in mind:
.
.

Let's look at four examples, two biblical, and two secular

Example One----
The Book of Kings illustrated the numerous kings that Israel and Judah had after David's death. For the sake of this example, we'll start with David. David had done many things for God and was credited as a man who was after God's heart.

‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭13:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬
[14] But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the LORD hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the LORD commanded thee.

Here, Samuel prophesies that Saul will be dethroned and David will take his place. It is clear in the first chapter of 1 Kings that all that David's legacy would come to an end due to the reckless behavior of his sons and their desire to be king. They exalted themselves which does not speak to David's legacy. So, we see throughout both books David's lineage.
The byproduct of David's legacy bounces about in the form of faithfulness to YAH. His lineage continues to bring about the birth of our Messiah, King, and Lord Jesus.

Example Two-----

‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭2:18‭-‬23‬ ‭KJV‬‬
[18] Yea, I hated all my labour which I had taken under the sun: because I should leave it unto the man that shall be after me. [19] And who knoweth whether he shall be a wise man or a fool? yet shall he have rule over all my labour wherein I have laboured, and wherein I have shewed myself wise under the sun. This is also vanity. [20] Therefore I went about to cause my heart to despair of all the labour which I took under the sun. [21] For there is a man whose labour is in wisdom, and in knowledge, and in equity; yet to a man that hath not laboured therein shall he leave it for his portion. This also is vanity and a great evil. [22] For what hath man of all his labour, and of the vexation of his heart, wherein he hath laboured under the sun? [23] For all his days are sorrows, and his travail grief; yea, his heart taketh not rest in the night. This is also vanity.

I've used this scripture before, but I think it's worth paying attention to. Solomon, David's successor and wisest man to ever live, comes to terms with the reality of labor. Grinding hard and hustling is all vanity and striving for wind because at the end of it all, your hard work will go to waste and to someone who did not work as hard as you. People toil to build legacies without realizing that their lineage may not uphold their legacy.

Example Three-----

Here is a few quotes from a movie review of Studio Ghibli's Earwig and the Witch"
.
.
"The comparisons between Goro and his father would be unfair if not for the fact that Goro was working off of the prestige of his father’s work, pulling in nostalgic loyalty while muddying Studio Ghibli’s legacy...Yet what’s ultimately frustrating is that Goro Miyazaki isn’t the right heir to this great legacy; without much artistic vision of his own, Studio Ghibli is just taking on these lower-budget projects. After Hayao Miyazaki retired, talented producers and animators left Ghibli to form Studio Ponoc; perhaps they could have been the true successors to Hayao’s work had nepotism not won out" (Shanti Escalante-De Mattei from ARTnews, 2021).
.
.
It is clear that Shanti was not pleased with the film. Take it from my older sister who is a Ghibli fan, "The movie lacks the classic Studio Ghibli pizzazz that makes your heart smile."

Goro Miyazaki is the Son and heir of Hayao Miyazaki. He was handed a gigantic legacy and was expected to fill it. It is clear, however, that Goro's storytelling and ideas of animation art is completely different from his father, Hayao.

Here is another article, this one coming from CNN:
.
.
"The iconic Japanese animation company Studio Ghibli, which created internationally beloved films including “My Neighbor Totoro” and “Spirited Away,” has been sold to Nippon TV after failing to find a successor for its legendary co-founder and director Hayao Miyazaki.

It added that Miyazaki’s eldest son, himself an animation film director, had been “repeatedly” suggested as a possible successor to his father — but he had “declined the idea, claiming that it would be difficult for him to take over Ghibli on his own and that it would be better to leave the future of Ghibli to someone else.”

In this example, it's clear that legacies don't always continue with lineage.

Example Four-----
**Spoiler Alert for Blue Beetle

In this film, the father leaves the weapon company to his daughter instead of his co-founder and long time friend. It's clear that the father did not want the company to be held in the co-founder's hands because he knew that his daughter would make better use of the company, striving to help people as opposed to be responsible for the deaths of many people.

He didn't want murder and war to be his daughter's legacy nor did he want that passed down to his lineage.

In these four examples, we saw how legacies aren't as big as the world makes it out to be. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't care about it. Remember our definition? Let's put them together:

Legacies are the long-lasting impact of particular events, actions, etc. that took place in the past, or of a person’s life and has been passed down to their lineage or literal descent.

What will you pass on to your lineage? Will you teach them about Jesus? Will you train them up in righteousness? Or will you focus on work and money to "build" a better life and leave your lineage in perpetual despair and desolation?

While legacies may end with you and your lineage continues, it is up to you to make a decision to the right thing for the ones that will take what you started and build on it. They may not be your direct family, but it will be worth it for YAH's family.

Don't forget to pay!
For payment instructions, please visit Checkout

Don't forget to pay!

For payment instructions, please visit Checkout.

If you completed payment, scroll down to the receipt and comment a food emoji.
๑‧

˚₊

꒷꒦

︶꒷

꒦︶

🐄◞

˚₊‧

Thank you for your purchase! Please come back soon and have a blessed day!