far too excited

Why did Kory look like she was ready to throw Rossi off the mountainside? The look was enough to leave the fact she was wearing some colour untouched for now

"Everything okay?" I asked, my eyes clearly on her, but she wasn't the one who answered.

"Everything's great," Rossi replied. "Now I get to go back to the warm inside while you two stay in the cold outside. We'll keep you posted if we find anything."

"Likewise," I responded as he took the keys from my hand. He immediately jumped into the SUV before driving away. "Seriously, is everything okay?" I turned towards Kory again, who's shoulders had relaxed slightly.

"Yeah, everything's fine." That seemed... believable.

"Okay. Did you find anything out about these other graves?" I asked, and she immediately perked up.

"Same victimology for all of them, same MO as far as we can tell. It has to be the same unsub, but there's just nothing else yet." She started walking, and that was when I noticed she was wearing leggings... and that it was difficult to look at anything other than her ass in them.

"You said the sites are maintained..." I tried to keep her talking, because if she was talking then I could focus on her voice and force myself to look at her face as I followed behind her.

"Each one has the shrubs and trees pruned back for better viewing of the entirety of the grave. We're trying to get someone who might be able to tell when they were last pruned, but I think our best bet is getting time of death for the last victims... if we ever reach an end." Well, that was enough to get me to stop watching her ass.

"Anything else?" I questioned. She sighed.

"I'm no expert, but from what we can tell each grave has four people killed at the same time. The ones closest to the trail are the oldest, the further down we go the newer they are. The one the dog found was the second from the top." Kory lead me along the trail, and I regretted not packing some form of better shoes for the situation at hand.

Kory seemed to be completely prepared. I don't know how she managed to fit all the clothes she did into her go bag, but it seemed like she had an entire wardrobe in it. It was probably from her time in the Army, now I think on it. I wonder if I opened her bag, how everything would be set out. Shoes on one end, just one or two pairs stacked neatly and efficiently. Rolled clothes in the middle, a small bag of toiletries in the other end. Or maybe it was something completely different.

"My best guess is that they're six to twelve months apart, but this isn't my area of expertise."

"No?" I asked with a smile, she looked over her shoulder at me.

"No." Kory tucked her hands into her green jacket pockets. This was the first time I'd seen her wearing any kind of colour—not including the red shirt incident that had yet to be repeated even though I secretly wished for it to happen.