you're awfully bold

"No, you're lying

"No, you're lying." I said as we pulled up to the front of the Sea Girt Police Department.

Spencer smiled at me. "I'm not."

"You're testing my faith in you, and you know that if you simply say things with authority that I'm going to believe them." I looked over to him and shook my head. "But there's no way that Australia is wider than the fucking moon."

"It is!" God, he was far too excited. "The moon is only 2,113 miles in diameter, while Australia is 2,485." Okay, maybe he was telling the truth...

Maybe that was something that I should have known, but I could safely say that I spent more time reading romance books than encyclopaedias. "Bullshit."

"Look it up." He told me, and I shook my head as I got out of the car.

"How do I know I can trust you?" I asked, and he smiled.

"You don't know, you're just going to have to make a choice."

We walked to the front door. "What choice is that exactly?" I asked as I pushed the door open. He looked down at me as he pushed his way into the precinct. Why did I not like the smirk on his face?

"Whether you think I would use the mouth that made you orgasm in less than three minutes to lie to you or not." Fucking what?

I felt my cheeks burn as he left me for dead at the door.

That... that was inappropriate... right? Or was it okay because it was just us? He never would have said that if anyone else was around, or paying attention to us...

"You coming?" He asked, looking over his shoulder to me. He was still smirking at me, which wouldn't fucking do.

So I walked into the building, straight over to him and pretended to straighten his tie, which was simply a cover for keeping him close to me. He would regret bringing up the jet, because I had something just as bad to hold over him—the bathroom.

"You..." I let out a quiet laugh. "You're bold..." I whispered before I checked around us to make sure no one was looking at us. "Awfully bold for someone who came within thirty seconds of me using my mouth." I patted his chest and walked towards the nearest officer. "Hi, Officer..." I read her name badge. "Officer Smith. I'm SSA Koraline Thompson with the FBI—"

"Right, Simon said you'd be coming." She stood up from her desk. "You can follow me, he's in the records room trying to find what your analyst called ahead and asked for." Right.

"Well then, please lead the way," I said as I looked back to Spencer who had pink cheeks.

That's right. You start something with me and I'll be the one to finish it. A fight. A chess competition. An attempt to distract me through bringing up past sexual situations. I always come out on top.