love bite

The medicos went through all the documents provided by Mrs Roy. After the practice in the nets the boys came and Virat and Rohit got talking with Mrs Roy as they knew her since a long time.

The boys got freshened up and were given a quick meal to have before getting their daily check-up done.
.........................
Alright, Nirja and Aryan I'm gonna perform the given tests on 3 players and you'll watch how I do it and then imitate the same on the rest of them. Mrs Roy said as she pulled her kit and sat face front with Jadeja.

Nirja and Arayn watched her and they found it somewhat confusing but they had 2 more chances to watch her.
After Mrs Roy was done with her 3 patients she now instructed the medicos to begin with thiers.
Aryan was first asked to treat Virat and Nirja to treat Ishan.

Nirja's Pov:
Ishan sat infront of me and gave me a soft smile, Hello Doc. He greeted me and I replied with Hello sir to which he chuckled and asked me not to be formal.
I already knew Ishan was an easy and goofy person but yet for the sake of manners, i did the formality.
I began the checkup but then during the eye test I accidentally poked him with the prop.
"Oh shit I'm so dead" I thought when i heard Mrs Roy exclaiming a big "Aaiyoo".
But to my embarrassment i heard Shubman laugh,now I'm not sure if he's laughing at my silliness or his friend who is holding his dear eye.
I did apologize time to time to Ishan during the whole examination,yes i was still allowed to continue bcs Ishan asked Mrs Roy to .......such a sweet boy☺️.

Gradually we completed the examination on all players, unfortunately Shubman sat infront of Aryan instead of me...but Im not complaining,i didn't want to poke him in his eye and surely didn't want to face him after that embarrassment.
.........................
Day 2:
Nirja and Arayn were doing their checkups. The other staff were preparing protein shakes,lil snacks, water bottles and all other stuff.
Today was Nirja's 1st time checking up Shubh.

Hey Nirja. Shub sat on the chair

Hi Shubman,you had your complete meal?

Yes

The pills?

Yes

Okay...and how much time did you spend in the gym?

Let's say an hour.

Great

Water consumption?

2 L by now

Ok,make sure you drink little portions before today's practice.

Now let me check your reflexes real quick. Nirja put her tablet aside on which she was taking her notes and brought up her props .
.......
Your responses are a little slow today and also a lil rise in temperature .Now tell me is there anything you feel which is not normal,like any health concern?

Nono,I'm good just a little weakness and fever i guess. This must be because of the pills and the sudden changed diet.

Oh , so you don't feel full by the amount of food you've been eating for the past few days?

Not really,but let's say it's gotten too healthy suddenly 🙄.

C'mon,you have to be on a stress-free and non junk diet.And how bad is the weakness?

Bad? Noooo! See i can jump properly,now please don't put any restrictions on me doctor... I've been working and waiting for this moment for my whole life. I don't want my performance to go down,i need to practice as much as i can ...so better don't give me any resting advices.

Arey but if you're not well then you can't risk your health.

I'm an athelete for god's sake,I've played with many injuries and health concerns.

Okok,let me perform some tests on you and you'll be free to play..........deal?

Sure,but make it quick please ,and.. and ..and Dr. Nirja if there's any concern don't go to anyone,tell me first.

Oh yeah,very smart ha! So if there's any problem then the authorities will surely put you to rest but you don't want to and you'll surely hide it from them. Listen my duty is to check on you and give your health reports to my senior,so your test results will be first handed to her by me and by default if any concerns are there she will go to the main coach.

Arey don't be ziddi,just asking you for one thing do it na!

Why ?don't you dare argue with a doctor,FYI i can mess up your reports 😏

You're insane Dr.Nirja.

But don't you worry,i won't cz I'm happy you're already calling me a doctor when I'm not one yet😀, it'll take some time till i get that prefix.
……………………
After the practice everyone was resting in their rooms and nirja had got the test results by now.

Shubman, your results are here. Nirja knocked on shubman's door.

Coming doctor. He said before opening the door.
Hi doc,so what's the result?

It's a love bite Gill.

A what? Pardon me...He was clearly confused.

Yeah,a love bite from a mosquito.

Oh,so what's the big deal...machar hi toh hai and kya matlab love bite wo bechare machar ko gay mat banao.

Mr.Gill, sirf female mosquitoes bite karti hai not male,the male feed on nectar and females ko breeding ke liye blood lagta hai. Btw uss love bite ka anjam is "Dengue".

Nono,don't tell me that .....kya karu mai iss dengue ke saath.Kuch dino mai match hai. Wait Mrs Roy ko bataya tumhne?

Obviously bataya,infact wo Dravid sir ke paas gayi hai.

Yaar..... He sat on his bed holding his head in his hands.
Doctor,maine kaha tha na ye match mere liye bahot important hai and moreover ye shayad Virat bhai ka last world cup ho sakta hai ,i don't want to miss the chance of playing with him.

I understand Shubman,but don't worry tum jaldi recover ho jaoge and you'll be back on the field. I'll see you later. Nirja placed her hand and his shoulder before leaving.
…………………………

Nirja to herself: I'm sorry shub,i too was very excited to see you play this world cup but your health matters more. I promise you ,I'll do the best to cure you soon. Keep strong my soldier,many have their faith in you🤞
……………...…

News*
Young Cricketer Shubman Gill is said to be on rest due to dengue. We wish for his fast recovery.

______________
Hello my lovely readers,Happy New Year ☺️💗
Ik I've been off for a few days but now I'm back and will post every week like before 😅🤞