13

Chapter 13:
The Invitation and Dinner Disarray

The grand Chavan mansion exuded an air of opulence as Rishabh returned from a seemingly good day at work, clutching an invitation to an esteemed business party. Sejal, with her shy but endearing demeanor, greeted him with her usual embrace that had become a comforting routine.

"Mrs Chavan, it seems this hug is now part of my daily routine," Rishabh noted with a faint smile, acknowledging the familiarity of her gesture.

"Yes, it has become a habit," Sejal replied softly, feeling somewhat shy under Rishabh's commanding presence.

Later that evening, as they readied themselves for dinner, Rishabh turned to Sejal with an unexpected query. "Would you accompany me to the business party?" His inquiry held a tone of unexpected gentleness.

"Yes, I think it could help change media's perceptions," Sejal responded, her voice tinged with a hint of nervousness.

At the dinner table, conversation flowed with the topic shifting to the upcoming event. Vanraj, Rishabh's father, inquired about their attendance at the gala. A discussion about work commenced, drawing Rishabh, Mihir, and Vanraj into an animated conversation.

Rishabh briefed his father, Vanraj, on the day's proceedings at the office, mentioning the finalization of the marketing strategy for an upcoming product launch. He shared, "Dad, we concluded our meeting with a solid plan for the new product launch. Our team came up with innovative ideas that could give us a significant edge over competitors."

Mihir expanded on their plans for expansion, highlighting the importance of partnerships in the Southeast Asian market. He mentioned, "We discussed potential collaborations with local tech firms. It seems like a promising opportunity for us to establish a foothold in that region."

Vanraj inquired about their recent discussions with investors, to which Rishabh responded, "They seemed intrigued by our expansion plans. We talked extensively about exploring new markets, particularly in Southeast Asia."

During the conversation about financial projections, Rishabh cautiously mentioned, "We're optimistic about meeting our targets based on current market trends and anticipated sales figures. However, we're closely monitoring supply chain challenges that might affect our production timelines."

Vanraj suggested exploring alternative sourcing options, emphasizing the need to mitigate potential disruptions.

Rishabh assured him, "Our procurement team is actively seeking alternative suppliers to address any potential setbacks."

Mihir added, "We're also revisiting our logistics strategy to optimize supply routes and minimize delays."

Impressed by their proactive approach, Vanraj praised their efforts and requested regular updates on their progress. Rishabh and Mihir assured him of their commitment to keeping him informed about any further developments in their strategies.

However, the lively chatter was abruptly quashed by the authoritative voice of Geeta Chavan. "No work discussions during dinner!" she demanded, casting a glare at Rishabh who attempted to interject. Her sharp reprimand filled the room with an air of tension and disarray.

Rishabh attempted to convey the urgency of addressing work matters during dinner, stressing the critical nature of the impending business deal. However, Geeta was steadfast in her stance, insisting on maintaining a boundary between work and family time.

Rishabh, feeling the pressure of the impending decisions, raised his voice slightly, expressing the potential consequences of delaying the discussion. "Maa, this merger is crucial for the company's future. We need to address it now," he asserted, his tone tinged with urgency.