22

Chapter 22:
Arrival of the Dramatic Trio

The Chavan mansion stood regal and grand, adorned with an excess of fragrant flowers in anticipation of Ankita bua, Arjun, and Anjali's arrival. Rishabh and Mihir stood in the opulent foyer, their expressions resembling those of unwilling participants in an impending spectacle.

As the clock ticked, Ankita bua's arrival seemed imminent. Sejal, curious about the brothers' evident displeasure, approached Mihir, hoping for some clarity amidst the impending drama. "Why the strong dislike for your cousins?" she asked, her curiosity piqued.

Mihir scoffed, his tone drenched in sarcasm. "Oh, they're quite the epitome of grace and charm," he quipped, rolling his eyes dramatically.

Meanwhile, Rishabh attempted to put on a facade of cordiality as he awaited their arrival. "Maa has truly outdone herself today," he murmured to Mihir, a tinge of resignation in his voice.

Just then, Ankita bua and her children swept into the mansion, their arrival resembling an over-the-top theatrical entrance. Ankita's voice reverberated across the hall, "Geeta bhabhi ensure our rooms are nothing short of royal bedrooms! We expect the best."

Geeta, embodying patience, assured, "Everything has been meticulously arranged to your liking, Ankita."

Rishabh, attempting courtesy, greeted them with strained warmth, "Ankita bua, Arjun, Anjali, what a pleasure to have you here."

Anjali glided closer to Rishabh, her exaggerated flirtatiousness on display. "Rish, missed my delightful company?" she quipped, twirling a lock of her hair.

Rishabh, visibly uncomfortable, stammered, "Ah, always a... pleasure, Anjali," attempting to navigate her overt advances.

Meanwhile, Arjun commanded with theatrical authority, "Mummy, our bedrooms should be fit for royalty! And the staff should attend to our every whim!" His voice resonated with exaggerated grandiosity.

Sejal, observing the over-the-top antics, realized their arrival wasn't just an event-it was a carnival of exaggerated theatrics set to turn the serene Chavan mansion into a theater of flamboyance and dramatics.

As Ankita Bua made her entrance, the customary gesture of touching her feet ensued, more out of tradition than genuine reverence.

Ankita Bua: "Sejal, my dear, your grace and education are truly commendable. A shame for your sister,Meera chose to take the path she did."

Sejal, practicing restraint, sealed her lips, wearing a polite smile to mask any hint of disagreement or disrespect towards the elders.

Arjun extended his hand for a handshake, but the gesture turned uncomfortable as he persistently held onto Sejal's hand, extending the greeting far longer than appropriate.

Arjun (to himself): "Sejal, innocence suits you well. I've got something in store for you, and it's not what you expect."

Meanwhile, Anjali, aware of Mihir's single status, attempted to forge closeness by hugging him tightly and refusing to release his arm, despite Mihir's attempts to disengage.

Anjali: "Mihir, you're just too charming to resist. I am meeting you after two years."

Mihir: "Anjali, please, I need some space right now."

Despite Mihir's efforts to create distance, Anjali persisted, holding onto his arm tightly, creating a disruption amidst the ongoing conversations.

Time skip.

As the evening unfolded in the luxurious living room, the elders savored their tea while the younger members settled on the adjacent sofa with their drinks. Sejal positioned herself between Rishabh and Mihir, relieved to ward off Arjun's intense stare."Thank you for being here with me." She whispered to both of them.