Chapter 14

A few months have passed and nothing much has happened that was really exciting or noteworthy. Just some pranks here and there, school work, more talks with Professor Lupin, playing around with Rupert and the twins by the Black Lake. George wasn't that scared of Rupert surprisingly. But Rupert was small and loved the twins. I hadn't seen Padfoot since Christmas. Part of me missed him. He was a good dog, but he was still my father, and he was a murderer...

Today was the day that Buckbeak the Hippogrif is going to be killed. The day before Harry had asked me if I would come with him, Ron and Hermione to see Hagrid. I agreed to go. I knew that this was hard for Hagrid and he needed support. On the way to Hagrid's we ran into Malfoy and his two idiots.

"Look who's here" Crabbe said as he saw us walking over to him.

"Come to see the show?" Malfoy asked grinning.

"Oh piss off Malfoy." I told him.

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" Hermione said as she walked over to Malfoy.

Hermione got her wand out and pointed it under Malfoy's chin. He looked like he was about to wet him self. I pulled out my wand and looked at Crabbe and Goyle to see if they would try to protect him.

"Hermione, no! He's not worth it" Ron said.

Hermione lowered her wand down. Malfoy started to laugh until Hermione punched him in the face.

"Malfoy, are you okay?" Crabbe asked.

"Let's go. Quick" Goyle said.

"Not a word to anyone, understand?" Malfoy said as he ran away.

"That felt good" Hermione said.

"Not good, brilliant" Ron said.

"I'll be sure to let everyone know about that." I laughed, "Nice work, Hermione!"

"Thank you" Hermione said.

We then started to walk down to Hagrid's. When we got to his hut,Harry knocked on the door. Hagrid opened it up.

"What ye four doin out 'ere?" Hagrid asked us.

"We came to see you" Harry said.

"Well come on in then" Hagrid said.

We all walked into the hut. Hagrid walked over to the window.

"Look at him. Loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through them" Hagrid said.

"Why don't we just set him free?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, he could fly away and be free." I said glancing at the giant bird.

"They'd know it was me, and then Dumbledore would get into trouble. He's coming down, Dumbledore. Says he wants to be with me when they... When it happens. Great man, Dumbledore. A great man" Hagrid said.

"We'll stay with you too" Hermione said.

"You'll do no such thing! Think I want you seeing something like that? No. You just drink your tea and be off. Oh. Before you do, Ron" Hagrid said and walked over to a square container.

Hagrid opened it up and got something out of it. He walked over to Ron showing him Scabber.

"Scabbers! You're alive!" Ron said taking the rat from Hagrid.

"Keep a closer eye on your pet" Hagrid said.

"I think you owe someone an apology" Hermione said to Ron.

"Right. Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know" Ron said.

"I meant me!" Hermione said. After Hermione said that a vase behind her broke.