We meet again, unfortunately

Hiccup POV
"I'll help you with whatever you need till you're back on your feet." I gestured to the castle behind me, "thank you." He said in a soft tone I've never heard before, the only time he talked to me was while shouting at me anyway.

"It'll be a long walk, hearing about your dragon killing, I won't risking hurting the dragons by letting you ride them." I said warning them as they followed.

We went through the castle gates, some of the guards and people respectfully greeted me. I prefer treating the people of Drananian more like friends instead of workers, I prefer them treating me like family instead of their leader, since Drananian is family.

"Hiccup!" Harald, on of the people here, called out. "What's wrong," I said not realizing he had just said my name, "Scauldrons are eating all our fish, we're running out fast." He exclaimed, "get the back up team, do the usual scauldron extraction." I commanded and he left.

"Your name is Hiccup?" I turned around and everybody stared at me in shock, "uhh...."

"Hey Haddock, heard about the Berkians." Camilla said, one of the sandwraith riders. "Your name is Hiccup Haddock?" Stoick asked bewildered. "Oh, I'm sorry." Camilla apologized immediately, "it's fine." I sighed.

It was quiet for a while, nobody spoke, they were confused, at least they looked like. "Everybody said you were dead!" Snotlout broke the silence. "I think this conversation would be better done in the great hall." I pointed to the building we were approaching.

The hall was empty, everyone sat down as the cooks prepared a meal. "If you're actually the Hiccup Haddock, you have a lot of explaining to do." Snotlout grumbled. "Yes, yes, I know." I sighed. "Are you really my son?...."

"Yeah." I removed my helmet, my auburn hair was messy, it stopped at my eyes, and reached down to my shoulders. All that I could hear was gasps and murmurs, Stoick looked at me like I he had seen a ghost. "Uhh, hello?" I tried bring him out of his head. "Where were you?"  He finally spoke, "here? Where else, I kind run this place," I said in a 'duh' tone. "The dragons took you here?"

"Well no, I came here willingly."

"Why?"

"Did you really just ask me that with a straight face?" I raised an eyebrow.

Before anyone could say anything, toothless started growling audibly, but then stopped and looked somewhat happy, and ran outside. "What's wrong with your dragon." Tuffnut asked but I ignored him and ran after my dragon, followed by Stoick and the teens.

And what I expected happened, the whispering death. We rescued his mother two years back, and the we trained it. Almost died, but it was worth it. "What. Is. That." Fishlegs asked in fear, can't blame him tho. A huge white dragon, covered in spikes, with red eyes and sharp teeth that would chomp a dragon in seconds, I would to.

"Screaming death, he's trained, relax." I spoke in a calming tone, didn't really work the as they clutched their weapons even harder. Toothless and I walked up to him, and I put a hand to his snout, he growled happily and looked around, the people smiled and waved towards him, even tho he's partially blind during the day. He had saved us from going to Valhalla once, and he's now respected. He had made a huge hole in the middle of the town, but we needed a new  well anyway, I'm guessing he just wanted to visit.

A familiar squawk came from above, Stormfly and Astrid. The landed beside us and Astrid went to greet the huge dragon in front of us. "We didn't find anything on patrol," she said, "and why aren't you wearing your mask, the Berkians?" "Well...they might, might not, have found out who am I?"

"What? How?" She sounded shocked, "well Harald had called me earlier by my first name, and you know how Camilla calls me Haddock. And they were smart enough to figure it out." I explained. "Well....i guess it's time I do to." "You don't have to Astrid." "I want to, plus if there smart, which I doubt, they might figure me out to. I mean, I disappeared, with you." She chuckled and I did to.

They had now all gone back to the hall to finish their meal. I had asked Dagur and Valka to go and spy on the trappers, I had told the reason to Dagur, cause I wasn't sure if Valka would have wanted to see Stoick once again, she was suspicious why I had asked on such short notice, but went anyway. Hopefully they would be gone long enough for the Berkains to get back to their island, but that's if Dagur gets her to stay longer.

Astrid hadn't revealed herself yet, she waited for them to finish before she could shock them with her appearance. I walked in the hall with Astrid on my side, wearing normal attire.

All I could hear were murmurs and gasps, again, and Stoick looked like he had seen a ghost, again. This sight never gets old.

Astrid's parents stopped us in our tracks. "Astrid, is that really you?" They asked unsure, "yeah, the one and only," she smiled and chuckled as they hugged her, "your...suffocating me.." was the last thing I heard her say before I walked to the big table at the end of the hall.

"Hiccup." I turned to Stoick, "yeah?"

"We've missed you, I've missed you."

"Uhh, thanks?"

"But running away and befriending this beast? A night fury?"

"Toothless isn't just a friend, he's the friend who gave me my purpose." Toothless purred happily.

"There beasts."

"No there not!" I shouted but not loud enough for others to hear.

"They've killed hundreds of us."

"And we've killed thousands of them!"

"Let's just kill these beasts and go home son."

"Are you serious? First of all, I am not your son, and I've never been. You've neglected me my whole life, I was bullied, but what did you do? Not care. The last time I checked a father cares. If you think that you're just gonna reappear in my life again and ruin it, you are wrong. This is the only time I've been happy, since the build of this empire started, I've never been happy. The dragons gave me freedom, and same to the people that live here, the riders."

"Hiccup-"

"No. Look, I have more important things to do than stay here and argue with a hardheaded Viking." I walked off, I don't care if I was being 'childish', Stoick is the last person I wanna see or talk to.

"Hiccup!" Astrid called out, "you okay?" She asked worried. "It's just-"

"Stoick?" "Yeah, he's doesn't listen. He tried to make us kill the dragons, and he can clearly see I have people to take care off and..." she shut me up with a kiss, to which I happily returned back.

"Astrid?" "Yeah," she smiled. "You look a bit pale, are you okay?" I asked worried, "yeah, I'm fine," she reassured me, it didn't help tho. I decided to keep an eye on her, just in case.