She Heard Him Howling Through The Night, He Heard Her Yowling Back In Time

"Jesus, I don't know how you accomplished getting me in here." Moss stated. 

"I have my ways! But if you really wanna know, I told them you're my legal guardian." Brook explained, seeming proud. 

"How did that work?" Moss asked, they got up to grab a snack. 

"You know that Rice girl I was talking to at Hot Topic? Apparently she's a hacker, so she toyed around and made it seem like you were my legal guardian." Brook explained as she pulled out her phone to show Moss. "Look." 

"Damn, she's useful." Moss said, staring at the phone screen. 

That was their way of complimenting people, it took a while for Brook to catch onto Moss's speech patterns when they were younger. 

"I am back, my lovelies!" Marsh shouted, walking out of the bathroom. 

"Thoughts?" 

He turned around and showed them his Husky tail he got. 

After they both  complimented it, Marsh put it on the desktop they would have to share. 

"I'm gonna go outside." Brook said, standing up. 

"It's raining though." Marsh stated. 

"Exactly, no one will be outside. Moss, you coming?" Brook asked Moss, and walked out after they shook their head.

After avoiding security who were there to make sure no one went outside in the rain, she sat in the grass.

To be fair, it was downpouring. This made it so good though.

 As much as she loved the desert, she adored rainstorms.

 While she was sitting there, she saw something in the distance. It seemed concerning, but that was until she say that it was a person.

 "Hello?!" She shouted. That was a stupid idea, and she knew that.

 But it was very clearly a person, on all fours. What she heard back? A bark.

 she inched closer and immediately recognized who it was. 

"Jace..?" She asked, trying to be quiet. 

Right then, she realized what was happening. "You're shifting.." She mumbled. 

Then, he ran. 

After he was far enough where she couldn't see him, he howled. And she did the first thing that came to mind. She yowled. Loud. 

With that, he inched closer, still on his paws. She was now on her paws as well. 

With him being just inches away from her and smelling her, his shift ended. 

"B-Brook..?" Jace mumbled, looking down at his hands. "Where are they... What..." Jace then realized what happened. 

Then he started crying. 

Brook wouldn't have realized this but he started sniffling.

 "You shifted, in the middle of the rain.." Brook explained, holding her hand out. 

He hugged her. 

"Thank you..." 

"For what..?" She questioned. 

"For not ending it so soon..." 

Brook paused. 

She didn't know why he was thanking her. She was a shifting therian too, and she hated it when people ended her shifts unnaturally.

"I wouldn't ever... I know how it feels..." She said, hugging him tighter. 

"I felt like me again..." With that, they stayed in a comfortable silence, only broken by the occasional sniffle from Jace.

They stayed like that for about 5 minutes before they heard someone walking towards them. 

"Hello?! Is someone there?!" 

It was the security guards yelling to them. 

"Shit- run." And the two started running. 

And laughing. 

They were both so happy now, running through the rain, holding hands, and laughing. 

Eventually they outran the guards and took a break, panting.

 "That was awesome!" Jace said, still laughing.

"I know, right?!" 

The rain had calmed down, but it was still heavy. 

"Well, I think we gotta get back to our dorms." Jace said, stretching. 

"You're staying here, too?" Brook asked. 

"Yeah, I go to school here. I knew you stayed here-" "Cause of Rice." They both said the last part at the same time. 

"Yeah, she helped get Moss in with me and get Marsh in the same dorm with me." Brook explained, seeing the confused look on Jaces face. 

"Oh, that makes sense. But yeah, we gotta go back" Jace said.

 "I'll race you there, on all fours." 

"Last one there is fake!" Jace shouted, already running.

 Brook got down and started running as well.

 "Hey no fair! You cheated!" She yelled, laughing as she caught up to him. 

After they got back inside, (Jace won) He texted Rice and Charlie and told them he wouldn't be back. 

Him and Brook decided to have a sleepover. 

It was gonna be so fun.

'''''''

Okay, so this chapter was much longer than I thought or intended for it to be. I hope I didn't do too bad with the shift scene, I've never had a mental shift myself. Only phantom, dream, and sensory shifts! Have a good morning/afternoon/night! Stay safe and healthy<3

Edited, 773 Words

-Pika