Dorm Inspection

TW // Smoking, Multiple Mentions of Surgery

Moss, Marsh, and Brook spent a while cleaning and hiding certain things. Mainly tails and Moss' cigarettes.

"I thought you quit these.." Brook said to Moss, holding up a pack of cigarettes. Moss snatched them out of her hands and shoved them in their pocket.

"I was stressed... I'm trying, ok-"

Brook hugged them quickly. This made Moss freeze up.

Brook let go. "Sorry.. Just, please let me know if you need anything. Please."

Moss sighed and nodded. Marsh walked in.

"Hey, guys? The lady's almost here."

Just as he said that, there was a knock at the door. They rushed Koi and Ace out of the window, it only being the second floor. Marsh quickly went with them.

"Hello!" brook said as she opened the door.

The woman glared at her. "Hi." She stepped inside, looking around.

"Where is the other one?"

Brook quickly answered, "They're visiting a friend, ma'am."

"Mm. Who sleeps where?"

Brook took her to one of the 2 bedrooms in there, "This is where me and Marsh sleep. He sleeps on the floor, I take the bed. Sometimes we switch. And..." Brook took her to the living room/kitchen area. "Moss sleeps on the floor usually but they do have a room for when they want to have a bed. They also sometimes take the couch."

The woman nodded. 

After a while she left, not finding anything.

Moss took out a cigarette and lighter, Brook grabbing their arm quickly. "Brooklyn, It's just one. The first and only one today."

Brook sighed and grabbed them out of their hands. "No. You promised you'd stop. Please, Moss."

"Brooklyn. Give my shit back. Now." Moss snapped back at her. Brook froze before handing the cigarette and lighter back to them.

Moss lit the cigarette and opened the window, taking a drag of it before yelling out to them. "Hey! She's gone!"

Marsh gave a thumbs up and walked toward the entrance.

Brook glared at Moss. "We need to talk about this. About you."

Moss glanced over at her and put the cigarette out on the window sill. "Look, I just don't want to bother you, okay? It's a personal issue I need to deal with."

"No, it isn't. You can tell me anything. It won't burden me or annoy me or anything like that, I promise." Moss sighed at her.

They paused for a minute before finally speaking.

"You remember when we were kids and my father always had issues with his body? Well, they recently found out what it was."

Brook gave a confused look.

"I don't know what it was, Dad made the doctors not tell me. Anyway, he went into surgery a few days ago. Doctors said his vitals are okay, but he still hasn't woken up from the surgery. I'm just really worried about him. He's the last bit of family I have."

Brook held out her arms, asking Moss for a hug. They complied and hugged her.

"I'm so sorry you're going through that. I guess I've just been so caught up with Koi and Ace I haven't checked up on you recently."

She felt wet spots dampening her shoulder, before she realized that Moss was.. Crying? Moss never cried. No, like, really. Moss never cries. They broke their arm once by falling off a roof, didn't cry. Any tests they ever failed, didn't cry. Losing friends, didn't cry.