Morning Together

!Unnecessary warning, this chapter sucks. I was sleep deprived and completely forgot last chapter so this is lowkey terrible, have a good read!

Jace woke up the next morning and yawned. He looked around, confused by the lack of his bed, before remembering the night before.

This jolted him awake, immediately looking around for Kaylie. He saw her sitting in front of the couch, facing away from him, and playing on a Nintendo.

"Hey, Kaylie.." He mumbled due to still being tired. He had just woken up after all.

"Oh! Good morning, Jace! Are you feeling better?" Kaylie asked, throwing her head behind her to face him. He gave her a confused look.

"I should be asking you that, but I'm okay. Now, how are you doing?" He asked her, ruffling her hair.

"I'm good! I had pancakes this morning! With little strawberry hearts, whipped cream, and syrup!" She said, or rather shouted, still going on about the pancakes even after Jace got up.

"Morning, Sleepyhead." Jace looked up and saw Moss, making ramen. Ramen? In the morning? Was it even still the morning? Wait- was it still morning? All these thoughts ran through Jace's head in just a few moments.

"If you're wondering, I enjoy having spice in the morning." Jace noticed himself  basically death staring the ramen cup. "Sorry.." He mumbled, sitting at their small table.

"Oh, you're awake! How are you feeling? Any nausea? Dizziness? Intrusive thoughts? What about-" 

"Leave the man alone Brooklyn." Moss cut Brook off, pushing a plate of pancakes over to him.

The pancakes were almost perfectly circular. They had tiny blackberries in a heart shape, with whipped cream in the center. It was topped off with tiny lines of syrup going in multiple directions, yet somehow perfectly straight.

"Wow, these look great. Did you make these?" Jace asked Moss before looking over at Brook. "Yeah." Moss said, walking over to Brook.

Brook was currently trying to dry her hair with a towel, seemingly having just got out of the shower. Moss grabbed the towel and started quickly rubbing Brook's hair.

"Moss! Get off!" Brook laughed. Moss pulled the towel off her hair, that was very fizzy now. They pulled their fingers through her hair and straightened it out. "Is that better?"

"Thanks, Moss!" Brook hugged Moss before quickly letting go. Jace had finished most of his pancakes.

"Where are your storage dishes?" Jace asked, standing up with his plate in hand.

Brook looked over at him and down at his food. "We spent too much money on room designs, we have none." Moss quickly corrected her. "No, you spent too much money on room designs, not me. But Jace, you can just put the whole plate in the fridge."

Moss walked out into the living room and sat down next to Kaylie. Brook walked into the bathroom to go brush her hair and moisturize. Jace put away his food before going out to the living room with Moss and Kaylie.

He sat down next to them. 

"Hey Kaylie?" Moss looked away from the game at at her. "Hm?" 

"Do you know what Palworld is?" 

Moss smiled to Kaylie, before getting up and walking to their room.

'''''''

Hey! Been a minute since I updated this! I hope y'all didn't miss me too much /j. I will start updating this again, just at a slower pace due to me currently writing another fanfic (I would appreciate if you'd check that out)! The next little thing I'm going to talk about could be considered a spoiler, so you can just ignore it if you want! Anyway, I am planning on making the next chapter either a short Moss and Kaylie bonding moment or Jace's whole race/school stuff. You guys can tell me which you want, or I'll just do whatever one. Have a good morning/afternoon/night! Stay safe and healthy<3

Edited, 629 Words

-Pika