Chapter 1

Marinette POV:

I kept my head down, trying to hide from the looks my classmates were giving me. Their murmurs were loud as they talked about how I'm a bad person, even though I hadn't done anything.

Once I walked up to my seat in the top right corner, I tripped over someone's foot and toppled down in front of Adrien. He gave me a blank stare of if he should help me up or not. He looked around at his classmates who were glaring at him. He sighed and looked away from me.

I sighed and got up. I walked to my seat and kept my head down.

"Now now everyone." Mrs. Bustier said. "Don't be mean to Marinette."

Alya glared at me, with hatred in her eyes.

So Adrien and Alya were my best friends. I had some... strong feelings towards Adrien, and Alya would try her best to get us together. But we no longer became friends after the incident. I hadn't done anything but it was all Chloe's and Lila's fault.

"Alright class," Mrs. Bustier said. "We are getting a new student today."

As if on que, a blond girl about 2 years younger than me walked inside the room. She was absolutely gorgeous. Her brown eyes with gold flecks were glassy. Her golden hair shimmered in the light of the room. Instantly Chloe and Lila shot to their feet.

"She could sit with us." Chloe said, shoving Sabrina off the chair. "We have room."

Mrs. Bustier smiled. "That's very kind of you girls, but I already have her seat picked... Now as I was saying, everyone meet Sophie Foster. She is an exchange student. Sophie go sit next to Marinette in the back of the class."

Sophie slowly walked to my row, hiding behind her hair. All the boys stared at her with wide mouths, even Adrien. The girls looked jealous of her, and gave me disgusted looks.

Sophie sat down next to me and gave me a small smile. We both hid behind our hair, clearly wanting not to be here.

"I'm Sophie." Sophie said with her hand extended. "Though I'm sure you probably knew that."

I gave a small smile, thankful that she didn't know about the drama. Tikki started waking up in my bag.

"I'm Marinette." I said, shaking her hand. "Where are you from? I haven't heard your accent before."

Sophie paled slightly. "I'm from the U.K. and my family has a deep heritage so I have a really crisp accent."

I nodded.

"Why does everyone hate you?" Sophie asked, raising an eyebrow.

I sighed. "You already managed to figure that part out."

Sophie shrugged, "I have a way with reading people. But why through?"

"The two girls who wanted you to sit with them are Chloe and Lila." I started. "No one likes Chloe, and everyone thinks Lila is an amazing person, even though she is evil. Two weeks ago, Chloe and Lila decided to make my life miserable again and decided to do something that made everyone hate me and I lost all my friends out of it. When Ladybug and Cat Noir were fighting an Akuma, Chloe got pushed off of a building by apparently me. Even though they admitted to me that Lila dressed up as me and pushed Chloe off the building, all my friends think I am a bad person."

Sophie's eyes widened.

"That's insane." She whisper shouted.

A few heads turned towards us, and then went back to Mrs. Bustiers lesson.

"I know." I said quietly.

"Who is Ladybug and Cat Noir?" Sophie asked.

I gave her a very detailed description of who Lady bug and Car Noir were. I told her about how Cat Noir try's to flirt with me, and how my yo-yo is my main weapon. But I didn't tell her that I was Ladybug.

"So there are like.. real life superhero's here?" Sophie asked.

I gave her a smile.

"That's so cool!" She whisper shouted again.

I blushed and tried to hide it.

"Sophie and Marinette please quiet down!" Mrs. Bustier said firmly.

Everyone gave us an annoyed expression, except Aidrien who looked amused.

Sophie and I shared a look then snickered.

"Where are you staying?" I asked Sophie.

She looked down at her shoes. "No where right now... I kinda ran away from home."

"YOU WHAT?!" I blurted.

Everyone gave me an annoyed expression.

"Mrs. Bustier," Lila said in a sweet tone. "Marinette is preventing me from learning. Send her to the principals office please."

Everyone hummed in agreement and Sophie gave me a look.

"Now Lila." Mrs. Bustier said gently. "I will give one last warning and then if Marinette keeps on talking, then she will be sent to the principals office."

I groaned and hid behind my hair. Then thankfully she continued her lesson.

"Why did you run away from home?" I asked Sophie.

Her eyes glazed over and she looked around the class. "I'll tell you in a... more private area."

I nodded.

"So your homeless?" I asked, and she nodded. "How long?"

Sophie shrugged. "Since last night."

I nodded then thought of an idea. "You could stay at my place. My parents will be more than happy to let you stay with us. And besides I miss having a friend come over."

Sophie gave me a small smile. "Really?"

I smiled and put a hand on her shoulder. "Really."

Once school ended Sophie and I walked out talking about how my parents own a bakery, when suddenly a snobby voice called Sophie's name.

"Sophie!" Chloe called, her and Lila walking up to us.

"What are you doing, talking with this... trash?" Chloe asked Sophie, gesturing to me.

Sophie sighed. "She isn't trash. Marinette is actually a really nice person."

Chloe put a hand on Sophie's shoulder, "Sophie do you know what she has done to me?"

"I do! I know you both framed her just to make her miserable and to ruin her life." Sophie shot back, leaving me in awe.

"Chloe let's go." Lila said in an annoyed tone. "We don't need her to hangout with us."

They both staked away.

I opened my mouth to thank Sophie, when an ear splitting scream came from the city. The sky smelt of sugar and smoke. I already knew it was an Akuma.

"Sophie I forgot my book inside." I said. "I'll meet you back out here."

Sophie paled significantly. "Okay, I-I have to deal with s-something as well."

I nodded and took off to the girls bathroom.

"I sense an Akuma." Tikki said, her tiny head sticking out of my bag. "But something feels off."

"What do you mean Tikki?" I asked and shut the door to the stall.

"I mean that there is something else as well. Transform quickly."

"Tikki spots on!" I shouted and transformed into Ladybug.