37 ; Actor

For the rest of that day, I sat in the spare room given to me by my manager. I didn't do anything except run a bath, and read a book. I felt bad for leeching of my hyung and his wife. I was eating their food, using their things and taking his clothes because I didn't have enough courage to go back to my apartment. Everything was still there, my car...everything.

.~.~ Chan's POV ~.~.

Korain had been ignoring me for a while now. After seeing him drop me off that morning in a trance, I had been pretty worried about him. I had done my day of work that day, with him on my mind the whole time. It was nearing December and as a present for STAY, we were making a album to be released. It contained old songs that we have on youtube and some new solo ones for each member. I was producing all day. 

After that I went home. I was writing lyrics till 3am, and I was trying to finalise the plans we had for the filming of the OST music video going on the Stray Kids Channel. The schedule was building up again, and I was worried about not being able to find the time for Korain. Yet, he hadn't sent me a message all day, but I guess I couldn't be mad since I hadn't messaged him either.

After the night went, and the morning came up on a new day. I still hadn't got any messages. I sighed and began to message him a 'good morning' and then I went back to the studio with the rest of the members. The day passed by quite slow, again, Korain playing on my mind the whole day. I was checking my phone through the day to see if he had replied and he hadnt...

I was really worrying now. The last time we spoke in person was after I thought he had been playing me and was speaking to someone else? Was it true? Was he ignoring me now? Did I offend him by assuming?

"You okay hyung?" I heard I.N from beside me, I was helping him with lyrics for his new song called 'Hug Me.'

"Huh...yeah.." I said, and looked at the clock. I wasn't on a schedule but I promised I.N I would help him till 6pm. Only 30 minutes left and we didn't have much left for his song.

"Something's been bothering you today hyung..." I.N said and I nodded but continued to help him write stuff down.

I didn't like talking about my feelings in front of the younger members because I didn't like seeming unreliable to them or less like a older brother. Some of the members, like I.N, were too kind and liked to comfort people but I didn't like the attention of me when I felt upset. I was glad Jeongin stopped asking after that.

"When are you going to write your song hyung?" He asked after 6pm cam and we started tidying up the studio to go back to the dorm.

"I don't know. I don't even know what type of song I want to make this time." I disclosed my lack of ideas for the album. Jeongin nodded and started talking about his own song, knowing that my lack of ideas would come back soon enough.

As we got back, I looked at my car sitting in the dorm's car park. I paused for a second, Jeongin following me lead and looking back at me in confusion. I turned to him with a small smile.

"Go inside. I going to pop out for a while." I said to him, and he watched me for a second.

"Go make amends hyung." He said, "Say hello to Korain-ah for me."

I nodded and turned to my car for a second. Then I paused and abruptly turned to Jeongin. He was already back inside the building and I shook my head with a scoff. How the heck did he know? 

As far as I was aware, Felix was the only member who happened to know something romantic was going on with Korain. Whether he told the other members, I didn't know. Jeongin was usually perceptive so he could've guessed but the fact he didn't mind or didn't judge, made a weight I didn't know I had, lift from my shoulders. A part of me was grateful for all the chances and time Korain give me.

He was right in guessing I was driving to Korain's apartment. It had been almost 2 days without any word coming from him. I was worried, and I just wanted to see him. It was already dark now because it's winter time, and I was wondering where is head was at as he left me that morning? Did he have plans to leave me once I found out about the flowers?

I got to his apartment building. I saw his car parked, and I sighed. I walked to the elevator to see it was out of operation. I walked to the stairs and decided to talk the long walk up just to see if he was okay. Once on his floor, I noticed the red marks of blood? Had something happened on his floor? Did he have to be evacuated?

I pulled on the door which didn't budge...I was sure something had happened on his floor. Was he trapped on his floor? In his apartment? 

"Oh, you have to really budge it with your shoulder..." A women's voice said as she walked down the stairs...

"Oh, thank you." I said, and she smiled as she walked past and down the other flight of stairs. After she disappeared, I slammed my shoulder into the door and it finally budged a little bit. How come it suddenly became stuck?

Two slams is what it took for the door to open just a tiny bit. I sighed and shook my head at the bad state of Korain's apartment building. I walked to his door, and knocked. I waited, and waited and no one answered. I frowned, and knocked again. 

The door from the stairs was pushed open some more, and I looked as some police officers pried the door open. 

"We should get the owner of the building to fix that..." One said as they walked through.

"We will, when they fix the lift from that freak." The other said.

"I can't believe that poor boy was attacked." 

"I know, but it's crazy the stalker broke the lift and the door to his floor..." 

I frowned and bowed politely as they walked towards me. I stepped to the side, waiting for them to walk past. Instead, they paused at the door and began opening it. Korain's apartment was padlocked and needed a code to get inside or his fingerprint...so the fact the police had the code to open it, meant that Korain had given it to them.

I watched them as they walked inside his apartment.

"Okay, we need the flowers." One said and I watched from the open front door. My body was frozen, why were the police in his apartment?

I walked in slowly. I looked at them as they were putting on some thin latex gloves.

"Excuse me sir, you cant be in here." One said to me and I looked at him, in worry, confusion, all the things I was feeling.

"Is Korain okay?" I asked, my voice sounding like it didn't belong to me.

"You a friend of his?" The other asked as he picked up the flowers on the kitchen island.

"Yeah..." 

"I'm afraid we can't tell you what's happened without the permission of the victim." The one in front of me spoke and I felt my blood run cold.

"Victim?"