twenty - nine

Roman POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night to Elise gone, her clothes were gone, her keys were gone, her ring was left on my nightstand.

I obviously knew she was upset and mad but I never thought she'd leave.

"I checked the security cameras and she just walked out of the front door and to her car", Ivy comes in.

I take the tablet from her hands and look at the video. I watch Elise walk out the house, load her car, then get in.

What was interesting was a man getting in her car. Her car just sat there for a moment they must've been talking.

The car finally took off. Who the fuck was that. "Try and find out who that was", I say passing the tablet back to Ivy.

She led my room and I just stood there confused. But yet not confused. I shouldn't have fallen asleep, I should've stayed awake.

Fucking Zander, I should've made sure he was dead when I burned his house. I grab my phone from the bed and try calling her again. Went straight to voicemail.

"Fuck!" I yelled, throwing my phone at the wall. After a few moments of me trying to calm down I sat on my bed.

This is my fault, no one is to blame but myself. Shit. "Hey Rome, guards found this a block away", Isaac comes in.

He was holding a phone with a shattered screen. "It's Elise's" I muttered. "She packed up, gave back her ring, left with a stranger, then she ditched her phone", Isaac listed.

"Rome I think she– Shut the fuck up unless you plan on keeping all your teeth", I threaten him. I didn't want him saying those words because then if I heard them it would've meant she was never coming back.

Elise POV:

We got off the plane and landed in Seattle, never thought I'd be much of a city girl. Luca said he had some money and we got a apartment together.

He said he had to go out for something but I didn't remember. While Luca was out I went out looking for a job.

The ones in the city were sorta full of people and really busy so I tried this diner that was just off the edge of the city.

I didn't even have to interview she hired me on the spot saying they didn't have a ton of staff and was looking for one more.

I start Monday.

* * * * * * *