chapter sixteen

Roman's POV:

I've never truly missed someone like this before. Someone other then my mother I mean. Ivy and Isaac were out again, Isaac says he was close but they were obviously on him.

I had went into Elise's room and stood in the doorway. It's like I could picture her laying on her bed drawing or reading something.

She would always ask me weird questions and she'd play what if games.

Enjoy this flashback ;)

"Okay, hmm what if you were stuck on an island and you had to choose only three people to stay with, who would they be?", she asked him.

Roman looks around the room thinking carefully. "You, Ivy and Sage", he answered. Elise looks at him weirdly.

"What about Isaac?" She asked. "He's too annoying, if properly throw him in the ocean", he says. Elise laughs and throws a pillow his way.

"What about you?" He asks her. She leans back into the stack of pillows behind her and says, "you, Ivy, Sage and Isaac."

"Too many, plus you", Roman told her, throwing the pillow back. She catches it. "I wouldn't go, you guys could go and fun", she shrugs.

"Hypothetically though, I mean this is a 'what if' game", he said. She nods and a smile appears. "Hypothetically", she repeats.

Flashback over

Her birthday is tomorrow.

Does she even know? That's messed up if she doesn't. I go to her bed and lay there with legs crossed and my arm behind my head.

I grab a little pillow and hold it and start looking around. A desk by the window with papers, pencils and drawings. I smell the pillow and it's like she's here with me.

I leave it and get up to look at the drawings.

The pencil shavings left on the desk. There's sketches of halfway finished people, and little things that look like tattoos.

I'm going through the pages and I stop. I pick up the one that looks familiar. It's familiar because it's a sketch of my face.

It looks so good and so accurate.

Someone behind me clears there throat. I turn to see Sage leaning on the door frame. I put down the drawing and ask what's she's doing.

"Watching you, Ivy out so I'm here", she says. They've got me on a buddy system? How cute. "I don't need watching", I say harshly and leave.

"The fact that you angered out two days ago shows you need babysitting", she says and she's following me down the hall to my office. "Isaac told me her birthday is tomorrow", she blurts.

Once I got to my desk I sat and stared out the window. Sage is headstrong and feisty. When she's assigned something she'll do it.

And she won't leave my side anytime soon. I don't say anything to her. She moves and grabs two glasses and my whiskey bottle.

I watch her pour it in a glass and pass it to me. "You could honestly go, I'm fine but I'm sure Isaac could need you", I say before taking a sip.

"I was told to watch you so stop trying to get rid of me", she insisted. "Oh so your positive you don't have a relationship that needs mending", I ask of her.

I don't exactly know what's wrong with them, I'm not even entirely sure there is a problem I'm just stirring up trouble.

Sage is also short tempered.

"Are you sure you don't. Maybe your the reason Elise is kidnapped, I mean her life does now actually revolve around you." She fires back. Which makes me upset.

She leans in on the desk and says, "Maybe you're the problem."  I open my mouth to protest against her but I'm spoken for.

"Am i interrupting?"

My father stands near the door behind her. I get on my feet watch him walk him. He throws guns on the floor in front of us.

"Your guards are dead", he said. I slam down my glass and rub my forehead. "Why the fuck do you keep showing up and killing my guards! You do know you can't find them on demand right!" I shout.

He chuckles and it sounds so bad. "My son your humor grows on me", he says sounding like I was kidding.

"I'm not fucking joking!" I spat. "Enough, let's just get to the point", Sage cuts in and stands there with her arms folded.

He ties his hands behind his back and starts speaking. "I'm here to ask something of you, again", neither of us say anything, we wait for him to carry on.

"Join me", he says. I groan scratched my head, he is actually more annoying then Isaac. Speaking of Isaac, he and Ivy look like they ran a marathon.

They both just pull out their guns and aim at Ares. "Damnit I'm out of breath", Isaac breathes.

I gulp down the rest of my drink and ask what's going on. "He has Elise!", they both say. Sage snapped and cocked her gun as soon as she pulled it out.

"Just work with me. Is it a crime for a father to want to work with his son?" He says with his hands up.

Everyone is still, except Isaac and his loud ass breath.

"Take him to headquarters", I say. Sage and Isaac grab and he doesn't resist. "You'll join me Roman, one day but it'll be too late", he says before he's gone.

My head honestly feels like it's been hammered in.

"So you didn't find her?" I ask Ivy. She walks all the way and shakes her head. "We can question him, torment him, whatever we need to", she suggests.

"No. Torment isn't gonna do it", I say.

"But see if you can track some places his cell has been", I tell her. She leaves and I'm left in my office thinking worst case scenarios.

Like when I find her, is it going to be too late? Will she be okay? Physically, emotionally and mentally.

* * * * * * * * *