Dark Paradise

Trigger warning: gore description.

Get some tissues <3

In this dark place, he sees nothing. He runs, the snow is crushing under his feet, searching desperately for him but there's only the sound of a painful war in the back. "Where is he?" He pants, taking short breaths while still running. He almost falls because of rocks but continues to run, the forest is too wide. "I'll never find him...Fuck-!" Someone behind him grabs his arm violently before putting their finger on his mouth.

-Do not speak or we are going to get caught.
Murder's soothing voice calms him down. 

-Where is he?
But there's still panic in his voice, he murmurs to him, his voice's shiver.

-Let's join Horror first to search together.
He stares at him with cold and wet eyes. Murder sees the sadness and anger in his eyes.

-I'll go by myself because I need to find him quickly! What if he's hurt, what if he needs help, what if he..-
Murder's grip tightens.

-You're badly injured, you'll be dust by the time we get to him.
Killer pushes him away, he murmurs a swear behind his breath before trying to walk away from his friend. Murder follows him closely, trying his best to stop him from searching after the unfindable. They walk without even knowing where they are going, as the times goes the sky gets even darker. Killer keeps swearing, he doesn't want to admit that he's terrified. Nightmare disappeared hours ago while they were fighting the Star, he was hurt and looked like he was about to faint, he ran behind the trees, followed by the others before fading away. He stopped walking as he felt his heart racing in his chest, it was about to explode because of the pain and the stress of tonight. 

-I think we won't be able to find h...-

-NO! We'll find him, he must be there searching for me too! I know it...Murder he can't...He...

-I..- I don't know Kills, it's possible that something might have happened.

Killer feels his legs get weaker before he falls, and breaks down. In his eyes, his fiancé can be somewhere close to him without any help, so close but so far from him, so helpless. He feels the tears rolling down his cheeks, and he wipes them away before staring at his hands to see how black his tears are, his mascara is ruined but it wasn't important, not at all. Murder sits down next to him before pulling him closer, hugging him tightly and wiping his tears away even though more fell before he even had the time to wipe the past ones away. Murder grabs his arm to help him get up.

-Come on dude, stop crying like that. If you really want to find him, let's search carefully now.

Killer nods softly. They take another hour to discover the forest of Dreamtale, sometimes they'd walk past long blood stains in the grass in random places. Nightmare must have run blindly to find a safe spot while he was bleeding.

-Do you think he..-

-Shut up..., do you hear it too?

They listen. There's the calm sound of the wind hitting the branches of trees, savage animals yapping and someone crying. They glance back at each other before walking further to the person, the first thing they see is a beautiful shining crown on long golden hair. Dream, the twin of Nightmare, is walking in circles while murmuring something behind his whining. Killer approaches slowly but his steps are heavy and loud on the grass. Dream turns around, he can't stop sobbing but when he sees Killer he smiles.

-Did you find him?

Killer shocks his head from left to right, and Dream's smile fades away.

-Don't you feel his aura?