Part 17 - a wonderful suprise

Y/n was in the great hall eating with the rest of the gang when suddenly two dragons came bursting through the door and galloping towards them,
"Woah, calm down girl, I'm happy to see you too" Y/n soothed her dragon as Hiccup soothed his own. This event had caused everyone in the great hall to turn and look. Everyone else's dragons had returned from the island the hatch their babies on and Crystal and Toothless were the last two dragons.
'Y/n I need to show you something' crystal spoke to Y/n, sounding overjoyed as she tried to pull her by her sleeve, Toothless was doing the same to Hiccup and both dragons couldn't seem to contain their excitement, everyone looked to Y/n and Hiccup to calm down the dragons as they were a bit of a disturbance, this made Y/n feel herself getting so embarrassed.
"Okay girl, calm down and show us but please be calmer as people are trying to eat in here," y/n spoke softly.
Crystal shot toothless a warning glare and he calmed down too, Crystal then gave Y/n an apologetic look and slowly walked out the hall with Hiccup, Y/n and Toothless by her side.
"Erm Y/n, what's going on?" Hiccup asked as he put his arm around Y/n's shoulder to keep her warmer.
"They need to show us something," she said with a smile, already guessing what it was.
Hiccup stared at his wife in awe, he was so lucky to have her, she was so kind, considerate and had so much love and respect for dragons.

They arrived behind the Haddock home and Crystal let out a slow coo, suddenly 2 hatchlings came out from behind a rock, they both had a mixture of white and black markings and were so tiny and cute.
"Aw Crystal, Toothless I am so happy for yous"
'Thank you' Toothless spoke on behalf of both the dragons.
"Wow" was all Hiccup could say.
Toothless went up behind his rider and pushed him towards one of the babies. Hiccup slowly approached the nervous looking baby and scooped it up into his arms, cradling it and calming it down, it relaxed in his arms and soon fell asleep. Y/n done the same with the other one.
"So what are their names?" Y/n asked
"We were going to ask if yous would do the honour of naming them as us dragons don't really have names unless a human gives us them" Crystal spoke as she lay down beside Y/n.
"That would be amazing, thank yous" Y/n nodded in respect to both dragons.
"What's happening now?" Hiccup asked, curiosity evident all over his handsome features
"They want us to name their babies, the one you are holding is a boy and the one I have is a girl"
"Wow that's amazing, thanks guys!" Hiccup said to the furies.
"How about zúe for the girl and zók for the boy?" Y/n suggested, Toothless and Crystal nodded in approval, they loved the names.

It had been awhile and now Y/n, Hiccup and the dragons were all in his hut, there wasn't a lot of room but everyone fitted okay.
They were all sitting on the floor lazily when suddenly Crystal perked up and came trotting over to Y/n, placing her snout to Y/n's belly and cooing.
"What's up, girl? Am I okay?" Y/n felt worries rise and Hiccup looked as nervous as she felt. Crystal shook her head and done a gummy smile,
'Y/n... you're pregnant!" She said happily and Toothless came over to see what was going on.
"Y/n... what's up?" Hiccup asked, still worried since he couldn't understand Crystal
"Hiccup... I'm pregnant" Y/n smiled wider than she ever had and hugged Hiccup, they were going to be parents!
"No way! Oh my gods, this is amazing!" Hiccup said as he hugged her back and kissed the top of her head, this was the best news they could receive!

After going to Gothi to confirm the pregnancy, they found out Y/n really was pregnant, this was the best news ever as both Hiccup and Y/n wanted a child but it also meant they would have to change their way of life, no more flying for the next 9 months was going to be hard but Y/n couldn't risk her unborn child's life. They were slightly conflicted as to what would happen next and although neither of them had a problem with staying in Berk for the next 9 months, it would be hard for Y/n to not visit home.
They sent a terror mail to her parents to say she was pregnant and told the village.

2 WEEK TIME SKIP

"Oh my gods Hiccup, I am so happy" Y/n said as they lay in bed, facing each other.
"Me too, everything is perfect," Hiccup replied. It had been 2 weeks since they found out Y/n was pregnant and also since the furies had came home with children of their own, hopefully their children would grow up together.
Y/n didn't regret anything she done but if you told her a year ago this was were she would be there is no way she would believe it, everything had turned out so differently than she imagined and sometimes she wondered what would have happened if she never went to Winglaw island to visit Alcia that day when she also met Hiccup, she always thought she would grow old loving in the safety of The Hidden World and that she would marry a chief that was one of their allies son (well I guess that kind of happened but not the point) it was just amazing how fast her and Hiccup became inseparable and the fact that they married after only knowing each other around 8 months was crazy to her, but she wouldn't change it for anything and Hiccup felt the same.

———-
A/N
And that's it over...
Sorry the last chapter is so short I just couldn't think of a good ending 😶‍🌫️
I'll have an epilogue (1 year anniversary + obvs snoggletog) posted on either Christmas or New Year's Day!
Happy holidays to everyone who celebrates and to everyone who doesn't I hope yous have an amazing month and if you have gotten this far thank you so so much for reading!
Love ya's 🤍💗