•Chapter 38•

Nate slowly pulled down the zipper of Amara's dress. His touch electrifying and hot against her cold skin. Shivers ran down her spine as he slowly worked on her zipper.

Amara's breath hitched as Nate's fingers trailed down her back, sending a wave of desire through her body. She leaned into his touch, feeling the heat between them grow with each passing moment.

As the zipper finally reached the end, Amara looked up to face Nate, her eyes locking with his in a silent promise of what was to come.

She was straddling his torso as he laid on bed, wearing only his boxer shorts. He had stripped off his layers of clothing while Amara held on to her dress. But now he was working on it as well.

Their breaths mingled in the charged air, a symphony of anticipation. Nate's hands, now free from the task of the zipper, explored the newly exposed skin with a hunger that mirrored Amara's own desire. The room seemed to pulse with the rhythm of their escalating passion.

Amara felt the weight of her dress being lifted over her shoulders, leaving her in delicate lingerie that barely concealed the intensity of her longing. Nate's eyes traced every curve, his gaze both appreciative and intense. The intimacy between them deepened, transcending the physical act unfolding.

Nate, still lying beneath her, allowed his hands to roam, tracing the contours of her body with a reverence that heightened the intensity of the moment. Amara surrendered to the sensations, her fingers finding their way through Nate's hair, the soft strands slipping between her trembling fingertips.

The soft glow of the bedside lamp cast a warm halo around them, creating an intimate cocoon that shielded them from the outside world. Time seemed to stretch and contract in a dance of passion, as they explored each other with a longing that had been building for far too long.

With a silent understanding, Nate shifted their positions, rolling them over so that Amara now lay beneath him. The exchange of power was palpable, yet it only fueled the flames of their desire.

Nate's kisses trailed a fiery path along Amara's neck and collarbone, leaving a trail of warmth that seemed to ignite her very soul.

Nothing was rushed. Every touch had a purpose, every kiss lingered, every breath was calm. Their hearts beating in symphony of one another. Nate placed his mouth over the curve of her breast.

His kisses trailed over her breasts and came down, exploring the valley of her breasts and then he shifted downwards to her navel. There was no urgency like before. This felt like he was making love to her.

"Nate," she whispered his name in the silence of room. Her fingers laced with his hair. "You had never been this slow with me before?" she questioned. No one had ever been this slow with her. No one lingered to get to know her. Ever.

Nate lifted his head, his eyes meeting hers with a soft, lingering gaze. "Amara," he whispered, his voice husky with desire, "I want every moment with you to be special, to be different from anything you've experienced before."

Amara smiled, a mixture of vulnerability and appreciation in her eyes. "It already is," she admitted, running her fingers through his hair. "I've never felt so... seen."

Nate's lips curved into a gentle smile, and he continued his exploration, leaving a trail of kisses down her abdomen. "You deserve nothing less," he murmured against her skin, his warm breath sending shivers through her.

The room seemed to pulse with the rhythm of their connection, each touch and whisper building an unspoken promise between them. Amara felt a deep sense of intimacy, a connection that extended beyond the physical. It was as if Nate was unraveling her layers, not just her clothing.