Chapter 8

It's been a week. A week, and all Brooklyn's done has gotten up to go to the bathroom. She has barely eaten, and the only time she did, I had to watch her to make sure she was eating. She hasn't said a word, but I can always hear her crying in the middle of the night, which breaks my heart.

Since its Saturday, I'm just taking care of Brooklyn, making the short ttrip form the guest bedroom- where I was currently staying- and checking up on her.

We told her dad that she was here, as he was also in need of help since he was getting over losing his wife. I felt helpless, and the only person that seemed to comfort Brooklyn was Noah.

I couldn't help but find this interesting, as Noah hasn't dated anyone anyone since he found his girlfriend cheating on him in his sophomore year.

I knew Brooklyn just needed time to mourn, so I left most of the comforting to Noah.

My thoughts are interrupted by Ethan walking in. I knew that he now had a key to our house, as he was helping take care of her as well. He looked extremely hot, his hair flipped just the right way, and his muscles being shown off by his shirt. I took a moment to look at him, biting my bottom lip.

"Come on," he said, grabbing my wrist and guiding me out the door without further explanation. My stomach flipped as his hand wrapped around my wrist, and I couldn't contain my smile.

He led me around to the side of his car and gestured for me to get in. I did so, and he started driving.

"So, what exactly are we doing?" I ask, causing him to smirk, "I knew you felt bad about Brooklyn, so I needed to get you out, the rest is a surprise," he stated simply.

The ride was enjoyable, but something was nagging at me. I was very aware of what happened between us, but nothing has happened since then, and I wanted to know if that was what he really wanted.

I sighed, and he looked over at me, but I couldn't read his expression. "Bry, what's wrong?" he said, making it sound like he really cared. I smiled, and my heart literally fluttered when he called me Bry, but I didn't have the guts to ask him what I really wanted. I shook my head, as if to tell him nothing, and he left me alone after that.

When we parked in the parking spot in front of the beach, I was thoroughly confused. He got out, grabbing something from the trunk, and opened my door. I stepped out, looking at his hand, which held towels and a small wallet.

I raise my eyebrows, "You could have told me to bring a swimsuit, you know," I said. "I could of, but that would have given away the surprise," he said, winking.

I rolled my eyes, trailing after him as he led the way down the wooden boardwalk.

When we reached the sand, we slipped off our shoes, and continued walking. Just when I thought we were going to sit down, he led me around a plan tree, and my jaw dropped.

A lagoon, created by the tides, was stretching across the small area, blocked off by a large boulder. In the middle, there was a flat rock, just big enough to fit the both of us.

One problem, the rock was an island, surrounded by water. "Ethan, how are we going to get there," I whined, tilting my head back to look into his eyes. He threw the towels on the ground, and his eyes sparkled with amusement.

"No, no, no, no," I pleaded, but was cut off by his muscular arms, wrapping around my torso, and and was slung over his shoulder. "Ethan!" I screamed, laughing. I was then cut off, as the arms released me, and I entered headfirst into the crisp water.

But as I was dropped, I was able to grab Ethan's hand, catching him off balance, and causing him to tumble into the water after me. When I surfaced, I was laughing so hard, I could barely see his face, witch was gleaming with amusement, as he was also laughing.